Why the interest in Frost.....

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Quack U!, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

so soon? Yes he's a winner, national championship under his belt at Nebraska, played pro, great recruiter and seems to have the players ear but is he ready for a HC position so soon? He's been an OC for all of 1 year! I'd want to win a few more bowl games and take a shot at a national championship or two before diving into the deep end. Do you think he wants the Nebraska job and is just waiting for Pelini to implode there yet again? I'm not sure he ran the offense better then Helfrich did under Chip....

What are your thoughts?

2. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

I didn't want Chip to leave (or Bellotti or Brooks for that matter) but nobody that matters asks my opinion. If Frost is offered a big raise and a chance to head a program & he feels up to it, then he's gonzo simple as that. Besides calling the plays for an offense that set an all time school record for total yards last season, he's a well spoken, good looking, established name that donors probably would feel good about...it's not all X's & O's for the HC. Makes perfect sense to me as to why there would be interest.

STOMP

3. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

The names you've mentioned above still have more than 1 year of experience, it seems strange that a big time program with millions of dollars behind it wouldn't want just a hair bit more experience.

Don't get me wrong, I think Frost is head coach material but let a good brisket cook first!