Stats People Dont Notice

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Memphology, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

What stat(s) does a player on your team have but people dont notice?I know alotve people didnt realize that Pau Gasol averaged 5apg last season, and would have this season if it wasnt for his injury.Rudy Gay is averging a block per game.

2. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Rudy Gay is averging a block per game.</div>I think that's one stat people don't notice because they don't care. :dunno: If it was 2 or 3, yes but 1 block a game doesn't make people go 'Wow!' Even from a rookie swing.

3. Milgod

Milgod BBW Member

Steve Nash, in addition to all his great playmaking is actually second in the league in 3pt %. Shawn Marion is actually 6th in the league in steals and also get over 1.5 blocks a game.

4. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Apr 14 2007, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think that's one stat people don't notice because they don't care. :dunno: If it was 2 or 3, yes but 1 block a game doesn't make people go 'Wow!' Even from a rookie swing.</div>You must not do fantasy...I think its just intresting when rookies like Tyrus Thomas, Paul Millsap and RUdy Gay who dont play alot get a bpg. And considering Rudy plays SG for Memphis...and he does, miller plays forward...thats pretty nice. Just to get it started anyways...

5. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I think its just intresting when rookies like Tyrus Thomas, Paul Millsap and RUdy Gay who dont play alot get a bpg.</div>Won't the less minutes also skew stats as well? Making the stat less noticeable to people. Also, I did fantasy once for basketball, but is that a key part to this topic? Were talking about stats people don't notice. For guys you say that don't play much, they are not fantasy players than right?

6. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Getting a block per game really isnt that great...Alot of players in the league can get that.How about the fact that Wade gets 8 or 10 turnovers sometimes in games and never gets called out on it. I just find it interesting....Not many players in the league can rack up that many TO's in a game.

7. Michael Bryant

Michael Bryant BBW Elite Member

Anything Ronny Turiaf does for the Lakers doesn't usually show up on the stat sheet, but they are valuable as hell.

8. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I said a stat or stats most people dont realize a player gets.....its just supposed to be a intresting topic...and some of yall are acting likes asses about it...

9. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

Lebron is still averaging 28-7-6 and people act like he's having such a terrible yearBaron Davis is the best player in the league at forcing 24 second violations and not getting them himself. Baron forces 0.88 24 second violations per 48 minutes (fourth best in the league) and only gets 24 second violations himself .18 times per 48 minutes (second best in the league). Other Warriors, including Andris Biedrins, Monta Ellis, Matt Barnes, and Stephen Jackson are also top ten in this category.Monta Ellis is 11th in the league in steals per game and is #1 in the last month. He has also cut down his turnovers by 1 per game since earlier this year.Stephen Jackson averages 5 assists per game along with 17 ppg.The Warriors actually get more fast break points than the Suns, leading the league in the category.We've missed 52 games combined from our top three players, and Richarson hasn't been at 100% all year.Jason Richardson is only 5th on our team in scoring.The Warriors are second in the league in blocks, despite having only one guy averaging over 0.8 blocks per game. It's a real team effort.The Warriors are #7 in the league in forcing 24 second violations, #3 in the league in drawing charges, #4 in the league in forcing bad passes, #1 in the league in forcing a lost ball, #4 in the league in having traveling called on their opponents, #1 in forcing three in the key. #2 in blocks, and #1 (by far) in steals. If you didn't watch the games you'd think we played defense.

10. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

where do you get those stats from? I could never find stuff like that...

11. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz @ Apr 14 2007, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>where do you get those stats from? I could never find stuff like that...</div>some from ESPN, some from 82games.com (it's a treasure trove of stats), some from my friends at the Elias Sports Beureu (ok, more of enemies actually), the Association of Pro Basketball Research, and Whatifsports.

12. TheAnalyst

TheAnalyst BBW Elite Member

Andre Iguodala plays 40.3 MPG(6th), 1.99 SPG(4th), 3 TDAdre Miller 2 TD(I think)

13. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheAnalyst @ Apr 14 2007, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Andre Iguodala plays 40.3 MPG(6th), 1.99 SPG(4th), 3 TDAdre Miller 2 TD(I think)</div>wth is a TD? Do they play football?

14. Milgod

Milgod BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Apr 14 2007, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Getting a block per game really isnt that great...Alot of players in the league can get that.</div>They don't though, do they.

15. TheAnalyst

TheAnalyst BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Apr 14 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>wth is a TD? Do they play football?</div>Tripple Double. My bad....

16. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

Jeff Foster averages 16.8 rebounds per 40 minutes making him #3 in the league in the category.The Pacers have the worst fg% in the league.The Pacers are fifth in the league in total shot clock violations.The Pacers have the most palming/double dribbling violations in the NBA.

17. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

For every bad pass Steve Nash makes, he picks up 4 Assists. Pretty good ratio.

18. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Apr 14 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Getting a block per game really isnt that great...Alot of players in the league can get that.</div>Then why don't they? How many 6'7 or shorter guys get 1 BPG let alone 1.5? Then add 1 SPG to that.

19. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Something-To-Say @ Apr 14 2007, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Then why don't they? How many 6'7 or shorter guys get 1 BPG let alone 1.5? Then add 1 SPG to that.</div>Gerald WlallaceShawn MarionDwayne WadeOnly 3

20. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Antonio Daniels is leading the league in assist to turnover ratio. Nice job AD. :closedeyes: