My NBA Champion predicition for 2006-07 season

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by KobeBryant_24, Apr 14, 2007.

1. KobeBryant_24

KobeBryant_24 BBW Elite Member

Phoenix Suns....Everyone is doubting them, saying they couldn't do it before and won't now. Just like they did the Colts. You may say that is football, but guess what, sports is sports. I see the Suns taking this as motivation and winning the NBA Finals this year, remember this thread.

2. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I think the Mavs will. They have the MVP, the best coach, awesome crowd, experience. They have everything except a ring. I think the only two other teams who can compare to them is San Antonio and Detriot. Woulsnt suprise me if Phoenix won it all though.

3. Suns Fan Guy

Suns Fan Guy BBW Elite Member

WE GOT A BELIEVER!!!!

4. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

No one is underrating the Suns, they are a very talented squad who can beat the Mavericks. The question is how consistently can they beat Dallas in this 7 game series. It will be a battle for both teams but from what we've seen this year Dallas is a very powerful team stacked with offensive and defensive weapons. While Pheonix is as well they don't have hte experience the Mavs do.

5. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

I think they can, but it'll be a tough road. I'm worried that they may wear out...the first series will be huge. If they go 6 or 7 games I don't see them winning a championship. If they can finish the team quickly then I'll be pretty confident.

6. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Apr 15 2007, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think they can, but it'll be a tough road. I'm worried that they may wear out...the first series will be huge. If they go 6 or 7 games I don't see them winning a championship. If they can finish the team quickly then I'll be pretty confident.</div>Of course you're the Suns fan but I wouldn't worry abou tthe Suns wearing out. The playoffs allow much more rest and Pheonix with their fast pace style is probabely the most conditioned in the NBA. However this wont matter if they have to play a ton of 7 game series. The key to the Suns this playoffs will be beat LA early, don't let it go to 7 like last year.

7. ASUFan22

They are well conditioned, but they were starting to wear out last year after 2 long series. With only a 7-8 man rotation I am worried. That's why I don't want to play the Lakers. They do a good job against us and can take us to 6. Then we have to play a very physical Spurs team that will take us to 7 and then we play the team with the best record and they have home court. Then maybe a team like Detroit who's also very physical. Hopefully we get some luck and end up playing the Rockets and Heat. [​IMG]

8. KobeBryant_24

I see Steve Nash as the Peyton Manning. "You will never." "You can win the MVPs, but will never." Nash's MVP's are to Mannings records. Time for Nash to step in and prove the critics wrong. I definately see Steve Nash holding up the Larry O'Brien trophy in June.

9. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

Honestly, I think the Mavs will. I think the Mavs will beat the Jazz, the Spurs will beat the Suns, the Mavs will beat the Spurs, the Mavs beat the Pistons for the chip.

10. KobeBryant_24

I don't see the Mavs pulling it out this year. You can think of the Mavs as the New England Patriots.

11. ASUFan22

New England sounds more like San Antonio actually. A team that had a dynasty before, hasn't won for a while, but still finds themselves as one of the best come playoff time.

12. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

However this isn't football. 1 game hardly does much. SA is our master, we're their bitches.

13. ChuckTheD

ChuckTheD BBW Elite Member

So the Lakers fan thinks the Suns will win it and the Suns fan thinks the Mavs will win it. Honestly I see it coming down to the WCF where I think the Spurs and Mavs will duke it out. I see the Spurs taking it, they've hit their stride and come playoff time I think it's time for another one of their runs.

14. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Im sorry. Its not the Suns, Not the Mavs, not the Pistons but the San Antonio Spurs. Duncan will dominate whoever will guard him. Dirk cant guard him, Amare can't, KT will not do anything, and Dampier isnt quick enough. The Mavs will also have a hard time Ginobili as they always ahve trouble guarding swingmen. Spurs have figured out the Suns and are making them play halfcourt offense instead of run-gun style of play.

15. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KobeBryant_24 @ Apr 15 2007, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't see the Mavs pulling it out this year. You can think of the Mavs as the New England Patriots.</div>except Dallas hasnt won it all yet...They are going to win it this year, and then 2 out of the next 3 years as well....That is the only comparison I think is fair to be made between the 2.Phoenix cant guard downlow, cant play defense period, and in the playoffs, defense has to be involved to win. Dallas or SA will take down the Suns.

16. KobeBryant_24

You guys are wrong, REMEMBER THIS, I am guaranteeing right now Denver will eliminate San Antonio in the 1st round!

17. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KobeBryant_24 @ Apr 15 2007, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You guys are wrong, REMEMBER THIS, I am guaranteeing right now Denver will eliminate San Antonio in the 1st round!</div>The San Antonio Spurs beaten by the Denver Nuggets?!?The San Antonio Spurs, the team with the best chemistry in the league? The Denver Nuggets, the team that hasn't played together for more than a few months?The San Antonio Spurs, the most perimeter-stopping defense in the league? The Denver Nuggets, the most isolation on perimeter team in the league?The San Antonio Spurs, one of the most efficient offensive teams in the NBA? The Denver Nuggets, one of the most inconsistent defensive teams?No, that's not happening.

18. STAT

STAT BBW Elite Member

Suns will win it all this year. I have been saying it since before the season started...and I still am.

19. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

:dunno: Was this thread deemed necessary by BBW standards?

20. KobeBryant_24

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (STAT @ Apr 15 2007, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Suns will win it all this year. I have been saying it since before the season started...and I still am.</div>Your a Suns fan though....A Lakers fan finally stepped up and admitted something that kills them to do so, lol.