Coach K: Derrick Rose 'elite' again

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Aug 5, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski continued to rave about Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose on Tuesday, saying the superstar played his way back to an "elite" level during the U.S. training camp last week in Las Vegas.

Rose, who has played just 10 games in the past two seasons because of a torn ACL in his left knee and a torn meniscus in his right knee, opened eyes throughout the past week with his play.

"It takes an exceptional person, which is why we're talking about Derrick," Krzyzewski said, discussing how difficult it is to return to such a high level after missing so much time. "I think he's exceptional in every way. He went right at it. The first defensive exchange in the camp, he was all over the ball handler, moving his feet, attacking him. There was a buzz right away because it was basically his saying, 'Look, I'm not just back. I'm back at a level that's elite.'"

Team USA players and coaches continually said Rose was playing like he did before the ACL injury in April 2012. Krzyzewski maintained that during his conference call with media.

"Derrick was sensational the whole week," Krzyzewski said. "He really did that every day, how fast and strong and decisive he was. He really created an air of excitement for the team because we all were anxious to see who he was right now. And who he is is very, very good. We're ecstatic about it and so happy for him."

Read more http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...o-bulls-back-elite-level-mike-krzyzewski-says

2. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Adam Howes ‏@Howsito

According to Andre Drummond, Derrick Rose is "a Ferrari amongst Nissans". Top shelf quote right there.