Anyone watching Spurs and Dallas?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by CavsRules, Apr 15, 2007.

1. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Anyone watching this game? I honestly don't care who wins but what got me so ticked off and I think it's bull sh*t that the ref gave Tim Duncan TWO T's because he was on the bench laughing. Is this a rule where you can't laugh? I just don't see how the ref could go ahead and T Duncan up two times for just laughing.I'm not rooting for anyone in this game, I just think the calls were ridiculous there.

2. Point Blank

Point Blank BBW Member

He was laughing at the ref..and the Ref knew that. You can't deny it.

3. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Point Blank @ Apr 15 2007, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He was laughing at the ref..and the Ref knew that. You can't deny it.</div>Well, he could be laughing at anything. How in the world would the ref know that? I see players laugh on the bench all the damn time and get nothing. I just don't see how they could call that right there.

4. Stones

Stones BBW Member

His first T wasn't for laughing, I don't think. I could be wrong though. And he was laughing at the ref, but getting a T for it? C'mon.

5. Point Blank

Point Blank BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Apr 15 2007, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, he could be laughing at anything. How in the world would the ref know that? I see players laugh on the bench all the damn time and get nothing. I just don't see how they could call that right there.</div>Cause of the best he laughed, shock his head, and put the towel on his head right after the foul. So obvious..and Horry wasn't even talking to him..lol. I could see if he was looking at Horry or something..then it would be BS.

6. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

That was a terrible shot by Barry. Why would you take that with so much time left to get a better shot?I'd like to thank Crawford for clinching the 2nd seed for the Suns. [​IMG]

7. Brando

Brando BBW Member

I was laughing when Duncan got ejected because I really dont see whats wrong with laughing but Dirk hit a shot to tie it Crawford stole it and scored and was pretty much it good thing the mavs won I picked them in NBA pick em. :happy0144:

8. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

He didn't get two T's he got one, first was for complaining about a call earlier.

9. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

I'm going to be honest but Dallas got the benefit of the calls tonight. Doesn't really matter though, after a competitive 1st half, I thought the 2nd half was sort of impacted by the refs and made for a close but less intense game. I don't know but when Tim Duncan gets his 2nd tech for laughing on the bench, it kills the game.Since I didn't see a thread for the Wiz/Bulls game, I'll have to mention it here. But did anyone else notice the bias Hubie Brown has towards Houston. Now I always looked at Hubie as being one of the better announcers on TV.(still do) I'll question that after he had to mention Houston in every award category today. What gives Hubie? Some of those imo were not even close, TMac is a distant MVP candidate imo, but you say he was behind Dirk/Nash(Kobe might have something to say). Then mention JVG and Head respectively for the COY/6th Man awards. You could make an argument for both if you wanted to, but seriously both imo are not in the ballpark of serious discussion.

10. KobeBryant_24

KobeBryant_24 BBW Elite Member

That was some BS! David Stern is a communist!

11. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Apr 15 2007, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That was a terrible shot by Barry. Why would you take that with so much time left to get a better shot?I'd like to thank Crawford for clinching the 2nd seed for the Suns. [​IMG]</div>He shot the ball like one handed and with like 5 seconds on the clock. They should have passed it over to Manu or Parker and took the shot. But all well, like it matted anyway for either team.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Apr 15 2007, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He didn't get two T's he got one, first was for complaining about a call earlier.</div>Yes, but both of them came when he was out of the game. The second one was complete bull sh*t IMO.

12. ASUFan22

Sure it mattered for the Spurs. It's always good to beat a team like Dallas, who has had their way with them the last couple times, especially before the playoffs. And if they had won they had a pretty decent chance at taking the 2 seed.

13. Point Blank

Point Blank BBW Member

The look on Duncans face when he found out it was him was priceless...lmao

14. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

I'm pissed off about this, because if the spurs had won the suns would have had reason to beat the clippers and if the clippers lose again the warriors make the playoffs.

15. ASUFan22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Apr 15 2007, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm pissed off about this, because if the spurs had won the suns would have had reason to beat the clippers and if the clippers lose again the warriors make the playoffs.</div>Well, we wouldn't have reason to beat the Clipps anyway. We could've clinched it against the Rockets and rested our starters and lost to LAC on purpose to get them as our first round match-up. :)Who holds the tiebreakers between:LAL-LACLAL-GSLAC-GS???

16. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

LAL - LAC: Tie 2-2LAL - GSW: LAL 4-0LAC - GSW: Tie 2-2

17. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Apr 15 2007, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sure it mattered for the Spurs. It's always good to beat a team like Dallas, who has had their way with them the last couple times, especially before the playoffs. And if they had won they had a pretty decent chance at taking the 2 seed.</div>Didn't the Suns take the No.2 seed not to long ago? Well, Dallas was beat plan and simple. Without Duncan the Spurs still had the game but they had some bad turnovers and then had some stupid shots. Duncan would've made this a whole new ballgame in the 4th quarter, no question about it. Joey Crawford was just being a little bi*ch and threw Duncan out. Honestly was just ridiculous on his part.

18. ASUFan22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Apr 15 2007, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Didn't the Suns take the No.2 seed not to long ago? Well, Dallas was beat plan and simple. Without Duncan the Spurs still had the game but they had some bad turnovers and then had some stupid shots. Duncan would've made this a whole new ballgame in the 4th quarter, no question about it. Joey Crawford was just being a little bi*ch and threw Duncan out. Honestly was just ridiculous on his part.</div>We just clinched it today. Now hopefully D'Antoni is smart enough not to play Nash over 30 minutes.

19. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Apr 15 2007, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We just clinched it today. Now hopefully D'Antoni is smart enough not to play Nash over 30 minutes.</div>Ah, well they were gonna clinch it either today or towards their last game anyways. I'm sure the coach is smart enough to sit Nash out and not play him 'big minutes'. Unless he wants to make sure Nash can lock up the MVP and put him out there long enough for him to rack up the big stats.

20. ChuckTheD

ChuckTheD BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Apr 15 2007, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LAL - LAC: Tie 2-2LAL - GSW: LAL 4-0LAC - GSW: Tie 2-2</div>The Clippers have the divisional tiebreaker vs. the Warriors and the Lakers have it against the Clippers. So it's-LAL - LAC: LALLAL - GSW: LAL LAC - GSW: LAC