Is Joey Crawford out of line?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BrewCityBuck, Apr 16, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Crawford Challenges Duncan To FightTim Duncan"He looked at me and said, ?Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?'? Duncan said. ?If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don?t have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, ?Do you want to fight?? ?He came into the game with a personal vendetta against me,? said Duncan, who had 16 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 blocks in his limited action. ?It had to be because I didn?t do anything the entire game. I said three words to him and the three words were, ?I got fouled? on a shot. ? That?s all I said to him the entire game.? Joey CrawfordCrawford disagreed, saying that ?he was complaining the whole game.? ?And then he went over to the bench and he was over there doing the same stuff behind our back,? Crawford said. ?I hit him with one (technical) and he kept going over there, and I look over there and he?s still complaining. So I threw him out.? Crawford said: ?That?s his opinion. He said nothing when he was walking off the court and he called me a piece of (expletive). Is that nothing??http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/456...uncan_to_fight/

2. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

yep he was completely out of lineI believe Duncan..one of the quietest players in the league (although he does complain a lot) over this clown..how many jackass moves has Crawford made to save his credibility?

3. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Crawford is just a cranky old bald white guy that is always seems to be in a bad mood. Knick games he is like this too he is a dickhead. Now the problem is is when Duncan meets him again in the playoffs. Crawford will make every call against Duncan and willm effect the Spurs.

4. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

Very out of line. Tim Duncan is not one to complain to the media; he'll complain on the court - but it must mean something if Tim Duncan actually has to speak to the media about this. What Crawford did in that game was just childish - the NBA needs to suspend him because this isn't the first time he's been like this - Just ask Rasheed Wallace.

5. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Duncan IS alkways bitching and whining during games. It's hard to choose who to side with here.

6. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

He was out of line, they had the camera on him and it showed Duncan did nothing but laugh. People pay good money to see these guys play, to eject someone for laughing isn't cheating the fans and the Spurs who still had a chance at #2 seed. Not saying they would get it but there was a chance. I agree Joey needs to be fined or suspended, these refs giving techs for looks, laughing, and "taunting the crowd too much" are just BS and its cheating the game and the fans.

7. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

I agree Crawford was out of line in throwing him out of the game. It seemed like he was just laughing, although I see Crawford looking at that as an insult possibly. It's not something you toss a player out for.But one thing, Duncan was complaining during the game. He may of not have said much but reacting and gesturing during some calls is as equal as saying that was a foul. He's saying it with his body. So I don't agree with Duncan on him saying he did nothing the whole game but three words. Nice try Duncan, but I consider "palms up" to "bad call" as "middle finger" is to "F*ck you."

8. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Apr 16 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree Crawford was out of line in throwing him out of the game. It seemed like he was just laughing, although I see Crawford looking at that as an insult possibly. It's not something you toss a player out for.But one thing, Duncan was complaining during the game. He may of not have said much but reacting and gesturing during some calls is as equal as saying that was a foul. He's saying it with his body. So I don't agree with Duncan on him saying he did nothing the whole game but three words. Nice try Duncan, but I consider "palms up" to "bad call" as "middle finger" is to "F*ck you."</div>But that doesn't matter. Every single player in the league... in the history of mankind... does it. That's no reason to get thrown out of a game. Duncan was hit with the second technical for laughing on the bench, that's ridiculous. Yes, Duncan complains, but if you are going to throw a player out for laughing and questioning calls.. Kobe Bryant would only be able to play 4 minutes per game and nobody else would be able to react. This is like the beginning of the season where if you said "hello" to a ref, they called it taunting and ejected you. It's ridiculous and that should not be a f*cking technical, let alone an ejection.And as far as Crawford asking Duncan to fight, that's obviously out of line. Duncan was also out of line to come out in the media and say "Yeah, I'll fight him." They are both at fault, but Duncan should not have been thrown out of that game.

9. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>But that doesn't matter. Every single player in the league... in the history of mankind... does it. That's no reason to get thrown out of a game.</div>That's what I said in my first paragraph. My 2nd was only talking about Duncan saying he did not complain the whole game but say three words. That's bs on his part. But I do agree Crawford was out of line for tossing him for laughing.

10. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

Yes he was out of line, and the league should be be very harsh on him. and if he did say to duncan "wanna fight?" than he should be fired. the NBA has put a lot of money and effort into revamping it's image after the brawl at the palace, and if Crawford(or any other ref) antangonized a player into a fight, the NBA would lose all credibility.

11. Trail_Blazer

Trail_Blazer BBW Member

No, not in this case.... If it were just about anybody else, I would agree that what Crawford did was wrong.But BECAUSE he ejected a piece of sh*t like Duncan, a man I think is just a f*cking prick.... Then no, it's alright. If he would've done the same to Ginobili, I would've sided with Crawford too. I've NEVER liked the f*cking Spurs, and I can't stand any Motherf*cker on that team... So I would've been cool if Crawford would've ejected anyone from their bench.

12. HoNgKoNgKoBe

HoNgKoNgKoBe BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redneck @ Apr 16 2007, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yes he was out of line, and the league should be be very harsh on him. and if he did say to duncan "wanna fight?" than he should be fired. the NBA has put a lot of money and effort into revamping it's image after the brawl at the palace, and if Crawford(or any other ref) antangonized a player into a fight, the NBA would lose all credibility.</div>agreed. Its wrong for a ref to try and make a player make a big scene in front of fans, that will make the player get suspended. That was a dumb call. When I watched the high lights, he was talking with the players beside him and laughing and then Crawford comes and ejects him when he sees him laugh. Besides Crawford will just get killed if he fought Duncan. Im pretty sure Stern will review about this, and that Crawford probably won't be reffing any Spurs playoff game as well, as to make them lose.

13. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

Tim Duncan, despite myself and all of mankind being on his side, did indeed complain. With my own eyes I saw him say more than three words, so in that regard, Timmy, stop lying.But Joe Crawford was way, way out of line. "He was....um... laughing at me behind my back! :wtf1:"Joe, come on man, that's unacceptable. By throwing Duncan out over your annoyance with him, you cost the Spurs an important game (or atleast greatly degraded their chances of winning). I can't even explain it. If TD wants to complain, joke about, or laugh at your calls with his teammates, that's his doing. Players aren't allowed to complain to your face, they're not allowed to complain to the media, so shut the F*ck up and let TD complain to his teammates of the bench.

14. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

You gotta understand that ref's are people. Joey Crawford is apparently a more emotion person and isn't refreeing with his mind but with his feelings. Tim Duncan didn't do anything and I wish the league would look at this but sadly I doubt they will.

15. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trail_Blazer @ Apr 16 2007, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, not in this case.... If it were just about anybody else, I would agree that what Crawford did was wrong.But BECAUSE he ejected a piece of sh*t like Duncan, a man I think is just a f*cking prick.... Then no, it's alright. If he would've done the same to Ginobili, I would've sided with Crawford too. I've NEVER liked the f*cking Spurs, and I can't stand any Motherf*cker on that team... So I would've been cool if Crawford would've ejected anyone from their bench.</div>dude, why do you have to mention your hate for the Spurs in every thread, not only clouding your vision in that topic making your opinion worthless but also reiterating what we've all seen you say a thousand times.

16. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trail_Blazer @ Apr 16 2007, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, not in this case.... If it were just about anybody else, I would agree that what Crawford did was wrong.But BECAUSE he ejected a piece of sh*t like Duncan, a man I think is just a f*cking prick.... Then no, it's alright. If he would've done the same to Ginobili, I would've sided with Crawford too. I've NEVER liked the f*cking Spurs, and I can't stand any Motherf*cker on that team... So I would've been cool if Crawford would've ejected anyone from their bench.</div> Rather you like Duncan or the Spurs isn't the question, the question is was Joey out of line for tossing Duncan for laughing and yeah he was. Rather you like Duncan or not, if you spend your good money to go see the Spurs play your favorite team you want Duncan to play right? He gets ejected for laughing on the bench is like I said cheating the fans and cheating the game. I don't think Joey should be fired or anything, this is a human being and he has a family just like we all do and I respect that but he should be at least fined. And not just him, whenever techs get rescinded bt the league these refs should be fined beause it does cost teams points with the tech fts and stuff like that. It'll be interesting to see how the league handles this one.

17. YarnIdge

YarnIdge BBW Elite Member

Both TD and Crawford were at fault but Crawford was definitely out of line with that ejection. I really hope that the League looks into this because we don't really want people as badly qualified as Crawford to be reffing NBA games.Go ref at high school Joe.

18. koopa

koopa BBW Elite Member

this was complete BS.........and when duncan said he only said 3 words, he said he only said it to crawford, he didn't say he wasn't complaining to the other refs.............. so tim could be telling the truth there...........and I believe duncan, and I know it doesn't mean much coming from a spurs fan, but how often has tim ever come out and say something??? so I think tim is telling the truth about crawford saying want to fight...........but nothing will happen, stern is a fag and will lick crawfords nuts in the media and do everything in his power to make tim look like the bad guy hereand also, why are poster like trail blazer allowed to post........dude you are a idiot, and looking at your side bar thing, a damn d.rider too...........pick a team fool.........

19. Living_Legend33

Living_Legend33 BBW Member

Tim Duncan and the Spurs are crybabies. Just shut up and play the game!With that said, Crawford was WAY out of line. You don't throw a guy out who is sitting on the bench unless he's throwing something at the guys on the court, unleashing an obscenity-laced tirade, or brawling with fans and the opposing bench. Crawford would know that if he didn't have his head shoved so far up his own a**. The geezer is experiencing delusions of grandeur and a power trip at the same time. He abused his authority to fulfill a personal vendetta and should be fined and/or suspended. Refs are supposed to be impartial, and he's anything but. On a side note, I'd love to see what happens to him if he challenges Ron Artest or Stephan Jackson to a fight. I'd pay to see that.