OT: Ferguson

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by totus44, Aug 17, 2014.

1. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

This one isn't going away. Apparently coddling non-peaceful protesters wasn't an effective solution either.

What's next? Either this thing gets quieted down or it spreads to other cities.

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...never hear about white youngsters being shot.

3. totus44

No you don't except for the ones that go nuts and typically shoot themselves.

4. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Here in St Pete about 10 years ago 5 kids thought it would be cool to steal a Dodge Neon and go joyriding. When the owner reported the car stolen the police put out a BOLO, saw the car then gave pursuit. The kid driving lost control of the vehicle and ran it into a tree at high speed with no survivors. One of the kids parents stated that if the police weren't chasing them they'd have still been alive. How bout if they hadn't stole the car in the first place. I get tired of people whining about their "rights' when they get in trouble with the law. In the 12 years I spent outside of this country I went to places where trouble with the law meant you paid the consequences for violating the "rights" of the victims.

5. totus44

Been watching the pendulum swing against the militarization of police.....but as this drags out you are going to see a lot more for it.

Call me old school, but cops are to "protect & serve", there mission is to be a part of the community. Let the national guard be called out when the SHTF. Small special weapons and tactics teams for major felony events are fine. But once your local patrolman gets dressed up like a mall ninja, you've lost the ability to effectively police a community.

Now...prior to that, you sass a cop you get to sit on a curb and wear jewelry. You assault a cop and you can be shot, period.

You riot and loot, break curfew.....also shot on site...but by the guard or swat. You need the beat cops to restore the relationships after.

6. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Too many people today don't understand the term personal responsibility. It's always the fault of somebody else.

7. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

And as long as you have assholes like Al Sharpton pissing gasoline into the fire there will always be these types of situations. This loud mouth racist opportunist will seek out any white on black cases he can find to constantly stir up & incite controversy. It amazes me how politicians coddle this dick dispite the fact that he holds no public or political office.

8. Messiah717

The problem is that you have people ranting and raving before they even know the facts of the case.

9. totus44

Rick, as long as racial tension still sells....no end to the Sharpton's, Jackson's and Obama's.

10. totus44

Ah...you nailed the source. People raving DESPITE the facts. This is the SOCIAL JUSTICE agenda plain and simple.

11. Yankeefan5545

Retired
    See your five & raise you 10 on that. One of my old stories on the "Dago" Police Dept. A friend of mine and I were hitchhiking a ride from PB to North Park. While standing on a traffic island a San Diego Patrol Car pulled up and the cop said hop in. We got in the cruiser told him we were going to Washington Street. Riding down 101 we were talking with the cop who seemed pretty cool driving a 389 Pontiac Ventura. On arrival at Washington Street the cop pulled over to let us out giving each on of us a summons for hitchhiking. I laugh at it now, but at the time it was not funny at all. Back then I guess us kids thought of the SD Police as a bit harsh but we respected what they were doing.

12. totus44

Ha! Sounds like story my dad would have told. His rookie year was during the race riots in the early 70's. Cops from the adjoining town would go in and 'police', the local cops would cover the outlying towns sending help. In that way, once peace restored, less opportunity for retaliation and escalation.

13. Yankeefan5545

Retired
    Back then there was a 10 PM curfew for kids age 16 and under. If you were out on the streets after 10 pm and got stopped it was at the officers discretion weather you went to Juvie or not. When I attended Mission Bay HS I lived just a few blocks from the school and remember getting stopped on my way home for lunch. But again, we respected the police and were always well mannered when stopped even though we probably thought they were like the Gestapo. I will say that the few runs ins I had made me a better person and respectful of what those officers went through on a daily basis.

14. Rick2583

It just amazes the shit out of me that its NEVER in reverse. Where are al Al Sharptons when a black kills a white. or better yet there are NEVER any protests or riots when its black on black crimes or when innocent children are shot & killed by stray gunfire. It only becomes an issue when its white on black.

15. totus44

Respect for authority was ingrained. I've noted as I have gotten older that cops today don't interact as they did in the past. There are definitely trust issues from both sides. I have gotten tix in my 40's that would have gotten warning or no stop in my 20's. My most recent stop was for making a perfectly legal turn...except I did it in front of a cop making an illegal u turn. He quickly le me go when I could calmly and respectfully defend my action and point out his error. 2 days later I saw him entrapping someone else in the same place.

16. totus44

Chicago come to mind? Its akin to interracial genocide.

17. Messiah717

African Americans in cities like Chicago kill each other at alarming rates. You don't see the Sharpton's of the world speaking on that issue because there's no headlines in it. Guys like Sharpton and Jackson are complete politically motivated phonies who have done more harm than good over the years.

18. Rick2583

No disrespect meant Vic but since I've never met any blacks living here that were actually born in Africa or even had parents that were born in Africa I will never use the term AFRICAN AMERICAN because it makes no sense. IMO the only group of people that have a right to currently be called ....... AMERICANS are Asians since most of them actually were born in there native land. But I digress,

Here's the way things are beginning to look................

Black against white crime = NOT IMPORTANT
    Black on black crimes = NOT IMPORTANT
    Children being shot & some killed by stray bullets from thugs = NOT IMPORTANT
    Cops killed by blacks = NOT IMPORTANT

White civilians or cops killing a black = STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES! here we go with marches, protests & riots. Dragged out in the papers & airwaves for weeks. Whats wrong with this picture?

19. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

Bingo, bingo, & bingo....

And honestly, what is rioting & looting going to do? How is it supposed to help your cause? How is it supposed to make others sympathetic to your cause?

20. Art51USAF

Art51USAF Member

Its just an excuse to get free shit.