girardi makes 5 million dollars a year

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Pastafazul, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

for what ?

lol, can't wait for the responses, this should be good..

has all the makings for another classic thread! : MARIS61:

2. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

I, for one, think that considering the crap he has been give, has done an amazing job...

3. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

God knows he's made a shit load of questionable decisions but I can't think of one manager in the game today that could do much once you've lost 80% of your pitching staff. That's not on him.

4. Pastafazul

pitching doesn't seem to be the yankees problem, run production is. The line up doesn't ever seem to change , where are the timely hit & runs, the stolen base puttin a runner in scoring position, aggressive baseball? yankees have turned into the most boring team in baseball, and how on God's green earth do you lose consistently to the worst teams in baseball?

5. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

***cleanup on aisle 5 !***

6. Pastafazul

did you have another accident?

7. Pastafazul

yankees rank........ 23rd in runs , 19th in batting avg. , 21st on base % , 18th in slugging %

thats the exact result of a coach that sits back and watches his players swing for the fences, this team does not have the makeup of the past.. you need strategy to win games.

8. Pastafazul

what is girardi's strategy, hitting ellsbury 3rd? taking peneida out of a game he's got in complete control cause he's afraid he will tire? grow a got dang set!!!!!

9. yankeesince59

...lol...no, and if you read the replies by others you'll hopefully discover that the "accident" was yours.

10. Rick2583

Pasta as you may have noticed I'm also not a fan of Girardi BUT.........pitching aside, he certainly can't hit for the players. I'm also certain that the players themselves didn't just decide to all have crappy years at the same time. I've seen teams that have had 2 maybe 3 players go through slumps, even season long slumps. But I've never seen an entire team go through a season long slump.

What I do put on Girardi is that IMO he's to soft. Hell so was Torre but he had the benefit of a great lineup so he could afford to be soft, Girardi on the other hand CAN'T.. Hitting against the shift shouldn't be a request but an order. And being 23rd in the league in SH well that's also on Joe. Gardner being such a lousy base runner is also on Joe because someone should have worked with him during spring training. All in all though Pasta NOBODY on this team is hitting. I mean I don't have the stats but we also have to be near the bottom in hitting with RISP. Its just one of those fluke years. JMO.

11. Pastafazul

rick that is exactly the point i am making, thats y this team is so inconsistent, girardi is too soft! he is an overprotective father. These guys have nothing to face if they don't produce! he gives them a pat on the back and says go get em tomorrow, that ain't workin!

i don't care the level, most players need tough love to perform, one of my coaches went for my neck when i wasn't performing. There is no excuse for all players to underperform, thats on the coach, and there isn't a coach that would not admit to that.

12. Pastafazul

still i ask the question, for what?

13. yankeesince59

...no, that's not the point you're vainly trying to make, not at all. In fact, you have no point, you just ramble.

...can you illustrate the difference in this years team and say for example, the 2009 team?

14. Pastafazul

A ROID

15. yankeesince59

The answer is 2 part;

...1. He's to get the best out of the roster he's been given and I believe he's done that.

...2. To give you something to blindly spew nearly every day.

...the fact is you or I or anyone else on this board has ANY idea what goes on behind the scenes with this team and what has or has not been said to the players. Smart teams keep things in house because there's really no need to make them public.. They had a meeting just yesterday and the press couldn't understand why the players did not want to talk about it.
    ...I seem to remember people getting on Girardi for not getting on Cano for not always running out ground balls when he was with the Yanx. After Cano signed with Seattle it was learned that Cano did not particularly care for Girardi because lo and behold, Girardi did chastise Cano for that very reason.

...again, unless you're Girardi or someone who plays for the Yanx you have absolutely NO idea what goes on...but keep pretending you do.

16. yankeesince59

...oh really?...that's your "illustration"?...I figured you'd come up with something galactically stupid like that. So using your logic, the only time when Girardi was tough on ARod and the rest of the players was in 2009...but other than that year he was mysteriously lax ? And FYI, ARod was not the only player on the 2009 team.

...yeah, I think you're onto something here. [rolls eyes]

17. Rick2583

Pasta the point I was also making though is that Girardi could be as soft as a marshmellow but its still on the players to perform. I think you're looking at this like its 50 years ago where if someone was not playing up to par they were sent down, this is a whole different game today. These guys are making 15-20M a year, its not like you can just bench these guys or send them down. Making that kind of money you just have to take a deep breath & hope they snap out of it.

The other little things I mentioned that I faulted Joe for I still stand by. There's just no reason why this team should be 23rd in the league in SH, Or why there seems to be such a lack of small ball. Or why someone, ANYONE can't get across to Gardner on how to run the fucking basis or when to go for that matter.

Like I said earlier Joe makes me want to rip my hair out sometimes but this is not all on him. God knows there's enough blame to go around.

18. yankeesince59

...yup, you can't treat today's ball players like they used to because nowadays it's an entirely different beast.

...as far as "SH", I don't get that because hell, the Angles (24th), Tigers (26th) and the A's (30th dead last) are all worse than the Yanx.

...Gardner?..to be honest, he's never really struck me as a very smart ball player...he has speed but little savvy. Hell, 2 nights ago he tried to steal on a 1-1 count with Jeter at bat but Jeter fouled off the pitch...Gardner never even tried to steal after that and guess what, yup, Jeter singled on a 3-2 pitch and Gardner was eventually stranded at 2B when he should have scored on Jeter's hit.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  19. Rick2583

A's, Angels & Tigers are not good examples in comparison to the Yankees in SH because those teams are 1st, 2nd & 4th in all of baseball in runs scored so there finding other ways to score. The Yankees need to do everything they can to push runs across & create more scoring opportunities. And they're just not doing that.

20. yankeesince59

...the point was that since those other teams have such better records SH is evidently not that important of a stat...kinda hard to play small ball when you're 21st in OBP. If you can't get runners on base there's not much reason to play small especially with their putrid RISP stats.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014