I'm Back With Questions

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by THE HCP, Aug 22, 2014.

1. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Remember I'm a huge Duck fan, without any inside info and don't follow the off season anywhere as much as you guys.

Couple questions

I know Mariota is back who will see time as the #2 QB?

Who will take DAT's spot as our game changer? And what does our RB and receiver rotation look like. Thanks again FAMS! #WTD

2. TehChad

TehChad Teh Great NEGATOR

Pretty sure Jeff Lockie will be the backup QB, especially since Jake Rodrigues transferred.

Not sure what you mean by 'our game changer', but if you're referring to people who can make big plays, the Ducks have always had many of those and I'm sure this year will be no exception. Though I'm pretty bummed about Addison's torn ACL, it sounds like we have a lot of young receivers who are showing a lot of promise. I think Keanon Lowe and Dwayne Stanford are virtual locks as starters, but after that, only the coaches know where everyone's going to fall on the WR depth chart. The names I'm hearing the most though (other than Lowe and Stanford) are Devon Allen, Chance Allen, and Darren Carrington, for what it's worth.

Gonna be interesting to see what the RB depth chart looks like, mostly because Royce Freeman, a true freshman, has apparently been ridiculous in Fall Camp. Supposedly he's even in contention to be second on the depth chart or maybe even starting, which is extremely impressive considering we already have two excellent RBs in Byron Marshall and Thomas Tyner.

3. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Most of these questions should be largely answered in the next few days as they'll announce the 2 deep rotation. Until then we can guess, which TehChad did a pretty good job of. My guess on the DAT question is that his role will be spread out among multiple players. Former Hoops PG Jonathan Loyd may take the kick returner role, while Tony James & Charles Nelson may be assuming the RB/Slot receiving Slash duties. Marcus remains their true game changer though... no one has an answer for him. Whats awesome to think about is that he was shredding the conference the past 2 seasons taking massive class loads at the same time as a General Science major, while this year he's all but graduated taking his final two classes of golf and yoga.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...on-ducks-quarterback-marcus-mariota/14325431/

Heres a great website I periodically pass along that does a great job of displaying their depth chart. Slide your cursor over each name to get a brief pop up bio. Click a name if you want to go more in depth

http://web.nmsu.edu/~ogden/oregon/depthchart.html

STOMP

4. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Thanks guys! I'll be down there for the first couple games working. Impossible to get into the games when I work, so I'll have to wait tip I get home to watch and enjoy. You guys are great. Let me know if you have any questions or are in need of mad knowledge about the NBA!

5. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

throwing out a few guesses for the 2 deep...

RB - Marshall (Tyner)
    OLine - Starters same as last year + Andre Y. 2nd string goes (left to right) George, Lousi, Brenner, Pisarcik, Voeller
    WR - Charles Nelson makes the 2 deep
    TE - Brown (Baylis)
    DLine - Starters a given. Backups Talia, Kamp, Daniel (while knocking on wood for injuries, I think the D Line is going to be very good this season)
    LBs - Coleman (Prevot), Malone (Ragin), Hardrick (Walker), Washington (French)
    CB - Mathis starts over Hill.
    S - Daniels gets the other starting spot over Robinson

STOMP

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  6. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

I am not going far out on a limb and state that I believe the replacement for DAT could quite possibly be a true freshman in Charles Nelson. Hard to believe but he's actually faster than DAT was as a true freshman (4.35/40 compared to a 4.40/40).

I am not stealing that idea from Coach Helfrich as I have been blogging about him (On another site) since Jan 28.

Here is a link about what Helfrich thinks of Nelson.

http://www.csnnw.com/video_content_type/helfrich-praises-wr-charles-nelson

7. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

So far, so good in my prediction. :-)