Team USA rolls past Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Aug 23, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Playing more the role of distributor, Derrick Rose returned to the court Friday night and provided a lift off the bench to help the United States beat Puerto Rico 112-86 in an exhibition game at Madison Square Garden.

Team USA then announced its 12-man roster early Saturday morning, which included Rose, as expected.

Four players were cut: Gordon Hayward of the Utah Jazz, Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard, Atlanta Hawks guard Kyle Korver and Chandler Parsons of the Dallas Mavericks.

Coach Mike Krzyzewski expressed confidence in Rose's ability to help Team USA despite having not played much in the past two seasons due to knee injuries. Rose, who did not start against Puerto Rico, scored six points and dished four assists in 13 minutes. He was 2-of-3 from the field, including hitting a 3-pointer.

I feel very confident about Derrick," Krzyzewski said before the final roster was announced. "I think Derrick feels very confident. Thought he played great tonight. And these guys want to play with him.

"Part of getting back is to be around a group of peers," Krzyzewski continued. "These guys are peers who want [Rose] to be really good. ... Hopefully that will help Derrick as he gets ready to keep participating in this but also for the NBA season. I think it is a huge, huge help for him."

Read more http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketb...k-rose-plays-role-distributor-return-team-usa