Seattle Sonics looking for a new home after next season.

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BrewCityBuck, Apr 18, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

2. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

Solid chance they will move to Oklahoma City, with Bennett being located there and all. His dream was to have his own pro franchise in Oklahoma City. It seems pretty close to actually happening. He's pushing for it big time. Vegas seems to be up there to, but I never saw Vegas having a NBA team. Well, I never saw OKC having a NBA team either.Something to look forward to. I'll be in Norman next year, 20-30 minutes away from OKC. I can actually go to the games instead of blowing them off the 2 years Hornets were here

3. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LAZY @ Apr 18 2007, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Solid chance they will move to Oklahoma City, with Bennett being located there and all. His dream was to have his own pro franchise in Oklahoma City. It seems pretty close to actually happening. He's pushing for it big time. Vegas seems to be up there to, but I never saw Vegas having a NBA team. Well, I never saw OKC having a NBA team either.Something to look forward to. I'll be in Norman next year, 20-30 minutes away from OKC. I can actually go to the games instead of blowing them off the 2 years Hornets were here</div> Didn't the new Seattle ownership say they were staying in Seattle though? Or was this recent smackdown from Washington government over the new arena the last straw?

4. Milgod

Milgod BBW Member

Will be a sad state of affairs if they leave Seattle. Moving teams is the main problem with US sports.

5. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Milgod @ Apr 18 2007, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Will be a sad state of affairs if they leave Seattle. Moving teams is the main problem with US sports.</div> The mad dash for getting new arena's is a big problem right now. :no1:

6. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Apr 18 2007, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Didn't the new Seattle ownership say they were staying in Seattle though? Or was this recent smackdown from Washington government over the new arena the last straw?</div>Well, once Bennett bought the franchise it was still planned to stay in Seattle. Just a new arena/location. It was just rumored that Sonics would move to OKC just cause Bennett is there. They were given x amount of days to find a new location. Bennett and the Sonics spend tons and tons of money looking for locations a new arena. They wernt willing to give up on Seattle that easy. So they spent tons and tons of money to pretty much get rejected, yes the smackdown from Washington government it seems like

7. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

From what I understood at one point they(the Sonics) were going to move to Renton, Washington, which is a suburb of Seattle. I guess the State legislature pulled the plug on that. I can't really say I am suprised, Washington is run by a bunch of Idiots, especially the coastal cities.

8. Living_Legend33

Living_Legend33 BBW Member

Are the Hornets leaving OKC for good sometime soon then? Is New Orleans capable of supporting an NBA franchise at this point?

9. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

I hope they go to vegas. That'd be awesome.

10. Milgod

Milgod BBW Member

I wish teams in all sports would stop moving! It makes it hard to get a loyal fan base if there's the threat that the team might move if the going gets tough. They are being run solely as a business which is a shame because sports mean so much more to many people. I would be crushed if one of my teams up and left. I doubt it will ever happen to the Suns but there was a big chance the Cardinals could have left Arizona before they were able to get the new stadium.