Trading Rajon Rondo ‘not a high priority’ for Celtics

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by truebluefan, Aug 26, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Avery Bradley talks glowingly of Avery Bradley III, mentioning that his son is totally attached to his father, crying for long stretches when Dad hits the gym for one of his three daily workouts.

Bradley’s mind is free entering his fifth NBA season. He just agreed to a four-year, $32 million contract. He enters Celtics’ training camp next month completely healthy and a year removed from his mother’s unexpected death.

The basketball court has been the 23-year-old guard’s place of solace. He said there are times this summer when he has worked out in Waltham and driven home after a rigorous session, only to drive back to Waltham to work on a drill he felt he ignored.

The Celtics have eagerly waited for Bradley to physically mature as well as mentally develop. He appears ready for a breakthrough season after averaging 14.9 points last season, although he missed 22 games with an ankle injury.

Bradley has been working feverishly to strengthen his body, hoping to avoid injuries and develop into the Celtics’ shooting guard of the future.

“Basketball has been my getaway,” he said last week during his camp in Dartmouth. “Whenever I might have a bad thought in my head, I’ll just go to the gym. That’s how I relieve all my stress. Sometimes I’ll go to the gym five times a day. That’s really been my outlet. My friends call me a gym rat but even if I am just sitting in the gym, I’ll look at the court and just imagine myself on it sometimes.”

Read more http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...OIjBaxrZ1awMAGraVO8J/story.html?event=event25