PIERCE BROSNAN TURNED DOWN TIM BURTON'S BATMAN

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by BigGameDamian, Aug 26, 2014.

1. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/21/pierce-brosnan-turned-down-tim-burtons-batman

Pierce Brosnan met with Tim Burton for the role of the Caped Crusader in the director's popular Batman series, but turned it down as he just couldn't "take it seriously".

The 007 star made the admission as part of a Reddit AMA and admitted it was clearly his lack of vision that was the problem rather than the director's pitch.

"I went and met with Tim Burton for the role of Batman," he revealed. "But I just couldn't really take it seriously, any man who wears his underpants outside his pants just cannot be taken seriously. That was my foolish take on it. It was a joke, I thought. But how wrong was I? Don't get me wrong, because I love Batman, and I grew up on Batman. As a kid in Ireland, we used to get our raincoats and tie them round our neck and swing through the bicycle shed..."

Of course, the role eventually went to Michael Keaton, and we reckon it's fair to see the resulting movies would have been somewhat different had Brosnan snatched the part. Similarly, it's unlikely we'd have gotten to see Brosnan take over the coveted position of 007 later in his career.

It's also worth noting that Brosnan didn't miss an opportunity to work together with Burton a second time; the duo teamed up for comedy sci-fi flick Mars Attacks! in 1996.

2. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    He would have sucked in the role.

3. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Well I'm not sure Ben Affleck will do any better.

4. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

What is Johnny depp playing? A talking bat to symbolize the fact that batman is just an image, and that he is not actually a bat?

Is Helena bonham carter playing cat woman, portrayed as a literal feline? Not neccisarily like avatar, or the Cheshire Cat in that other film, more like a menacing Garfield.

Nightmare before Christmas was a good movie!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014