Way Too Early.

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by oldmangrouch, Aug 26, 2014.

1. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

It is pretty silly to bring up the Heisman race at this point...but I couldn't let this story pass without comment.

In their preseason predictions, SI has Mariota finishing 3rd in the Heisman voting - with Hundley of UCLA second.

Is it just me - or does that seem off-kilter?

2. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

In your many years of following hoops... if going into a season both the Blazers and the Lakers look dominant, which team gets the vast majority of the national hype?

then again...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-oregon-football-20140826-column.html#page=1

STOMP

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  3. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The UO system and the stable of RB's and WR's will get a lot of the credit if the Ducks win the Pac-12 north. Hundley will get nearly all the credit if UCLA wins the south. Hundley being projected above Mariota in either the Heisman race or the draft does not surprise me at all.

4. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

To me the Heisman is a joke because it's never based off of the best player but rather the most popular player. I believe that each year, the NCAA misses the mark in using the Heisman trophy as a tool to help brand the type of player that a college football player should be.

5. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

It's too bad this award has declined so far! Marcus is the poster child for what the Heisman SHOULD BE!!! A WINNING fierce competitor, great teammate and leader, college GRADUATE and represents his school on and off the field with respect, privilege and class! Marcus does this without anointing himself the best QB in football like Hundley has this year, or needing to be in the limelight as Football Johnny did, or embarrassing the award as Cammy and Crab Shack have over the last few years.

The Heisman needs to find their roots for what made this award such an honor years before "Substance and Class!"

6. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

With out sounding like homer-duck-honk, we'll said and I agree with you.

7. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

If Marcus was playing for our hated Fuskies, I'd say the same thing. Great kid, better QB! One thing that amuses me this offseason is Hundley pronouncing himself the best QB in college football but forgets the thrashing the Ducks laid on them last year, 42-14 while he was starting! This was the same game Marcus got hurt in and still dropped almost half a century on them... That takes Charles Barkley memory to come out and say you're the best the following year!

8. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

HA HA

Quote from my Great Grandmother "If you don't think anything of yourself, then who will?"