Wolves introduce Andrew Wiggins

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by truebluefan, Aug 27, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Andrew Wiggins spent the previous month seemingly in hiding, side-stepping questions about a trade that was all but finished and coming to the realization he was not going to be teammates with LeBron James.

On Tuesday -- finally -- Wiggins and the rest of the new Minnesota Timberwolves got to address the issue head on and have their moment in the sun.

The Timberwolves unveiled the bounty they got for All-Star Kevin Love at the Minnesota State Fair, and Wiggins wore an ear-to-ear smile for most of the day as hundreds of fans followed him around the fairgrounds. It was a warm welcome after the disappointment of being drafted No. 1 overall by Cleveland, only to be shipped out when the Cavaliers decided to acquire the veteran Love to help James chase down a championship.

"It's been a crazy summer, really up and down. Kind of lost, not really knowing where I'm going," Wiggins said. "But I wanted to play for a team that wanted me. I felt the love as soon as I got off the plane at the airport, so it's all good now. I'm excited for this season."

Read more http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...andrew-wiggins-anthony-bennett-thaddeus-young