Fatal shooting of firing range instructor by 9 year old girl and an Uzi

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Further, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
  2. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I can't wait to see people on here justify a 9 year old being able to have a GOD DAMN Uzi in their hands! Just like the constitution intended right?

Sent from my baller ass iPhone 5S...... FAMS!

3. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Why would anyone think you can have a fully automatic weapon in the hands of a 9 year old?

4. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer

Parents should blame themselves.

5. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

Negative.

What was more to blame was the establishment, range instructor and the lack of safety precautions.

The kid obviously wasn't strong enough, (Range Instructor should have seen this), The kid also did not understand the weapon (range instructor/establishment should have taught the student/user first), and when allowing young people to use/test guns of this type they should have had a fail safe built in, whether it was a slip-tether or some other mechanism to block the gun from raising to high. (safety precautions).

6. blue32

Uh, its not like she was purchasing it for her personal use, or protection (like the Constitution references) . This gun was being used in a sanctioned firing range with supposedly qualified range instructors and valid safety protocols.

If you want to argue about something, argue about the range instructors lack of attention to the student, and the safety protocols/training of the establishment.

Young people handle guns every day all over the globe responsibly with proper training, technique, and guidance/supervision.

7. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Wrong, this is on the parents. Doesn't matter if it was safe or legal. The parents brought her there and put her in that position for something to happen. Now because of them, their daughter is a murderer.

8. SlyPokerDog

How much proper training and technique can a 9yr old have with an Uzi?

I'm not against her learning to shoot but an Uzi?

9. blue32

Murderer? LOL. uh okay.

"Muder - Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human, and generally this premeditated state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide (such as manslaughter)."

The establishment has an 8-yr old age rule, from what I heard.

The establishment should have had proper guidance and supervision, along with instructors that can recognize if a customer can't perform proper tasks to test-fire a gun.

Parents are not firearm instructors, and brought their kid to a proper range/instructor to get training. There is no harm in that thinking/want. It's actually the more responsible thing to do than to have mr.dad who probably doesn't instruct/train teach the kids. Every kid should understand firearms, and how they react/perform.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  10. blue32

I am sure that a competent instructor could have had this situation avoided.

11. SlyPokerDog

It doesn't matter. Just because there is a "competent" instructor doesn't mean that is something you want your kid to do. You could find a competent instructor to teach your kid how to handle cobras. Hell, in this fucked up world I bet you can find a competent instructor that can teach a 9yr old on how to suck a dick. Just because there are people that are competent on how to instruct someone to do something doesn't mean you have them do it.

The parents not the instructor put their daughter in this position.

It's one thing to teach children about guns and gun safety. I have no problem with that. But the only thing a 9 year should learn when it comes to a fully automatic weapon is to leave it the fuck alone.

12. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Really, why does anyone need an Uzi in there hands?

13. blue32

I can see your point, your examples are a little off-base/exaggerated, but whatever.

I still believe everything would have been fine had the instructor been better at his job, and the place had better safety protocols for younger users if they are going to allow young kids to fire exotic weapons, regardless of parent(s) decisions.

14. blue32

B/C we are a free people, and freedom means being able to pick up an Uzi and fire it if you want. (among other things).

15. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

I fired an Uzi at a range with an instructor before and I find it shocking that my guy was more careful and competent with me than the deceased was with a child.

16. SlyPokerDog

Here is a better example, you take your 9yr old kid down to the racetrack. You want to teach them how to drive. The instructor is completely competent. Do you put your kid in a go-kart or a NASCAR race car? Even if the instructor says he can teach the kid how to drive the race car it doesn't mean that you do it.

speeds likes this.
  17. blue32

Yeah, pretty much this. The guy was far to careless. He should have kept his hands on the uzi at all times, and also there should be no reason why the magazine should be fully loaded for younger people (on first fire attempt/learning)

The establishment should also put blanks in for younger people. That would have been my safety precaution that I would have personally added. Which is why I cite inadequate instructor and establishment rules above.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  18. blue32

Apples and Oranges. You don't have to debate me any longer. We wont change each others minds. It's cool.

19. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Parents who simply turn over their kids to a business thinking the business has all safety measures put into place are not being responsible parents in my eyes. Everything from play gyms, paintball, trampoline centers, boating events, firing guns . . . and many others. These businesses are often more concerned about turning a profit than ensuring child safety. Even if the business put safety high on the list, sometimes the people making the decisions aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Parents should do their due diligence before allowing a child to partake in potentially dangerous activities.

20. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Free peoples need tanks too. And nuclear devices. We're a free people, yo. The only definition of "free people" is no limits.