It's time for Baron Davis to get his

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by ProStix#6, Apr 18, 2007.

1. ProStix#6

ProStix#6 BBW Member

Re: It's time for Baron Davis to get his

He's healthy, he has a great coach, and Warriors are clicking. This is probably the best opprotunity he will have to make the Playoffs in a while because:1.) Next year, they'll have to worry about the Kings and the Hornets for sure. 2.) They're 6-1 in thier last 7 games with the Mavericks. 3.) The West is hard as hell already.I really hope that the Warriors make it, beacuse it is very important to Baron's legacy as an NBA player. I know that in the past I made a thread asking whether you think Baron Davis is a franchise player or not and personally don't think so, but he is definitely earning my respect with him leading this run by the Warriors. Is anyone else out there rooting for Baron Davis or the Warriors?

2. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Well yeah, of course I want them to win against the Mavs and I have been a Baron Davis fan since he was on the Charlotte Hornets. I'll be rooting for him.

3. Milgod

Milgod BBW Member

I would love to se my Suns face Golden State. Now that would be a fun, high-scoring series.

4. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ProStix#6 @ Apr 18 2007, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He's healthy, he has a great coach, and Warriors are clicking. This is probably the best opprotunity he will have to make the Playoffs in a while because:1.) Next year, they'll have to worry about the Kings and the Hornets for sure. 2.) They're 6-1 in thier last 7 games with the Mavericks. 3.) The West is hard as hell already.I really hope that the Warriors make it, beacuse it is very important to Baron's legacy as an NBA player. I know that in the past I made a thread asking whether you think Baron Davis is a franchise player or not and personally don't think so, but he is definitely earning my respect with him leading this run by the Warriors. Is anyone else out there rooting for Baron Davis or the Warriors? </div>Well I'm a Warriors fan, but as a guy who's watched 70+ games of theirs this year, I can tell you that they will cruise into the playoffs next year with probably 50 wins with this new lineup, this is not their last chance by a long shot. I posted my rationalle in another thread.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I've watched more basketball games in the last two months than I'd care to admit, and the more I watch, the more I have seen the Warriors as one of the top teams in the league, rather than a fluke. We've gone 15-4 as a healthy team, beating Houston, Phoenix, Dallas, Utah, and Detroit ALL BY DOUBLE DIGITS in that span. We've dominated almost every team we've faced, and are thought of to be a problem for the Mavericks solely because of the matchup problems.But here's another way to look at it: We're simply as good a team as they are. And we've been proving it to the rest of the league.The healthy Warriors average 112.3 points per game, and give up 104.5. This win margin is heavily deflated by our combined 50 point losses to the spurs, and games against Phoenix and Minnesota where we've lost some of our lead during a meaningless fourth quarter when the game is already won. Our average win margin, which is 7.8 points per game, could easily be double digits, but even as it stands, it is a very impressive one. The Warriors when healthy, have had an equivalent win margin to what the Phoenix suns have gotten for the year, and far more than Dallas. The only team whose healthy squad has a better win margin than the Warriors is the Spurs.Pythagorean wins, derived from win margin, have a 96% correlation with actual wins and are historically a better predictor of future play than real wins. The Warriors' level of play over their healthy games extrapolates to a 63 win level of play. You may think that is preposterous, but it is actually a lower number than the Warriors' 79% winning percentage in this span that would indicate a 65 win level team. When both of these numbers line up, you know you don't have a fluke.Some people might try to blame it on level of play, pointing out their four losses are all to playoff teams, but we all know that is ridiculous. We've beaten Houston, Phoenix, Dallas, Utah, and Detroit by considerable margins, as I went over earlier. The SOS, or strength of schedule, the Warriors have endured over the final quarter of their schedule is very similar to the average for the west - about a 50.5% winning percentage for their opponents.The strength of schedule number invariably leads to the other stat besides win% and pyth% that often tells how good a team is; RPI, or ranking percentile index. RPI is calculated as 1/4 winning percentage, 1/2 SOS, and 1/4 opponents' opponents' winning percentage. This is designed to even the playing field and reward teams for beating superior teams. The Warriors' RPI as a healthy team is .576, once again second in the league, this time after Dallas.With all this in mind, and the lack of evidence to the contrary, I think it's time for the world to accept that a heal</div>thy Warrior team is an elite team, capable of taking on any team but the Spurs.