10 reasons we know Jesus was a bicycle rider.

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Further, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
  2. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    And God gave us free will, knowing he would be mocked or made fun of.

If only a possibility that 1 man know the amount of love he has for him, it would be worth it.

3. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    But since the mind of god is unfathomable, no human can actually know the amount of love god has. So, bad deal for god. ;)

4. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Oh come on, that's not any bad mocking, it's just some cyclist having fun. Nothing mean spirited about it.

5. magnifier661

Or is it? Would you allow as much hate God receives from those that "don't love God" so that even one man love God? Would you care if everyone in the entire Universe hate you, if that was the only way you would have "true love"?

6. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    I was simply going off your statement that if even one man knows how much love god has for him, it would be a good deal. Even if god exists, no one can know how much love god has for them, because the mind of god (and therefore how much love it possesses) is unfathomable. Therefore, it's a bad deal for god, since god won't get the payoff that would make it all worthwhile.

I'm just bantering, though. This isn't a serious philosophical debate on my part.

7. magnifier661

You're right brother. It does seem like a bad rap for God. But is that any difference to someone we see in a relationship on wrong end of the stick? We can try and explain how "stupid or silly" they are for loving the person that abuses, hurts, or even kills them; and most the time they will respond "but I love them".

It doesn't make it right, but it only explains the nature of true love. No matter how bad it seems, it's worth it to feel love in return.

8. magnifier661

Let's put this into perspective... What if it were your child that was crucified. What if you are in a crowd where someone used her as the center point of their joke? How would you react?

9. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

[video=youtube;NXmNuc_h90g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXmNuc_h90g[/video]

10. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

I don't think that really puts anything into perspective.

11. magnifier661

Absolutely for you... You don't love God... At least not right now.

12. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

No, it's just another in a very long line of poor uses of examples and analogies in threads on here from you is all

13. magnifier661

Says you, but to be perfectly honest, what you believe is right really holds zero weight on what I believe is right.

But if you find it okay for someone to use, let's say your daughter or son, as the center point for their joke and not take offense is fine; then I don't know what to tell you.

14. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Bull. It's light hearted fun. Taking this as an affront is overzealous to the point of jihadism. Jokes about cyclists and Jesus both shaving their legs is to be taken and a joke. There are obviously rude and evil comparisons that could have been made, but these are truly light hearted barbs and yes, even if it were your kid you should be able to find a bit of happiness is jests like these, purely goofy and fun.

15. magnifier661

As I said above, if that's what you believe is good fun, then who am I to take that away from you? I don't have power over your moral compass, that's the ship you sail. As you have no power over me to post my opinion on a joke I take offense at.

And honestly, I've been guilty as much as anyone else to say things offensive to another. But it still doesn't stop a "true emotion" I feel when I clicked your link.

Maybe that's what you wanted? Maybe you thought it would be funny to see my reaction to a joke on Jesus. Either way, what is real is what you make is real.

16. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    I honestly see nothing demeaning or hurtful in any way with those 10 reasons. But then again I come from a Jewish household, where jokes are par for the course. Getting offended by something so goofy and obviously not intended to hurt is what's wrong with religious people and why wars are justified and people are hurt in the name of people's gods.

17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Comparing Jesus as a cyclist to a child being tortured and killed? C'mon mags..I respect your belief and hope it gives you joy but you in turn need to not make this a love-hate discussion. Apathy is much more prevalent. Fact...men women and children have been tortured or killed in the name of God. The Spanish inquisition, Slavery, The colonization of the Americas, countless wars. Cruelty in my view is condeming a child to hell for not having read the book of rules or becoming a member of a religion.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  18. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

THIS SHOULD END WELL

19. magnifier661

You can debate this philosophical question on the omnibevelant thread, for that is where I explained my opinion on why.

http://sportstwo.com/threads/269958-omnibenevolent

Because even though man has killed in the name of God, that is man's choice. And even if God command death as punishment, he can't and won't force you to believe or love him. As you said, people have killed In The name of God, yet there are still unbelievers. That is only proving the true power of "free will".

You will only choose what you believe to choose.

As for the reference of the child. A joke is still a joke. And as I said above, the matter in which one laughed at the joke or take offense is still their choice. I choose it's offensive, you may think I'm silly to take offense... I really don't care

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  20. magnifier661

The old mags definitely would take the challenge and try to make this some "I am right and you are stupid" debate. But to be honest, I reached full enlightenment last night. I can see clearer than I've ever seen before.

As I said, nothing I say will really stop Further or anyone else, from using my God as the center point of their joke. But on that same note, nothing they say can stop me from taking offense to what was posted. If that's the intention, then further's post worked. Does this make me think he's some evil asshole for posting it? Absolutely not! Further is a good man and friend. This thread is hardly something that would take that opinion away from me.