Brian Waters retires after 13 years

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by truebluefan, Sep 2, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Guard Brian Waters, one of the best offensive linemen of his era, announced his retirement as a player. Waters played 11 seasons for the Kansas City Chiefs, one with the New England Patriots and one with the Dallas Cowboys. His final game was with the Cowboys in 2013.

Waters was selected to play in the Pro Bowl six times. His best seasons were with the Chiefs from 2000 through 2010, when he played for several seasons on perhaps the best offensive line in the game along with one Hall of Fame lineman, Willie Roaf, and another strong candidate for the Hall, guard Will Shields.

"After a long and wonderful career I have decided to retire," Waters said in a statement. "I want to thank the coaches, players and fans of the three great organizations that I had the pleasure of working for. First the Dallas Cowboys for giving me my first and last chance of working in the NFL. I will always be grateful. Also the New England Patriots for the most successful season in my career. It was a great ride. Lastly the Kansas City Chiefs where I had pleasure of enjoying 11 wonderful seasons, which I will never forget. I want to thank the many family, friends and my hometown of Waxahachie, Texas for being great supporters. Finally I want to thank my kids for being my greatest motivations. I fought hard daily to make you proud [of] me. If the rest of my life can be half as good as the last 15 years, I will be one of the luckiest people on earth."

Read more http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11454529/brian-waters-retires-13-year-career