OT: Ebola

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by totus44, Sep 2, 2014.

1. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Based on CDC reports, I think this virus is mutating/evolving.

Anyone see the movie Outbreak?

2. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

Read the book years ago.
    They would actually post a live "sentinel" monkey on the premises to see if or when the virus was loose.

America is playing with fire if they're allowing people to go and come from places with Ebola outbreaks.
    Another indication of our "leaders" not having the balls to JUST SAY NO in an effort to protect our population.
    Some don't want America to be the Policeman of the world...fine with me.
    How about not being the world's big daddy social worker?

3. totus44

Policeman...no. But we better be SWAT/SpecOps.....Judge Dredd of the World. Better to fight these bastards outside our borders.

Ebola is the kiddy of the hemorrhagic fever family. But if it mutates and allows for faster transmission rates, its a front line bioweapons that I'm sure ISIS/ISIL is watching. You think they would care about injecting a bunch of central american kids to be smuggled over the southern border?

4. blgridesagain

Old news....there were rumors years ago during the height of the Cold War that the USSR was conducting tests trying to marry Ebola/ other hemorrhagic viruses with other airborne viruses.
    I'm concerned that the bleeding heart leftwingers of the Democrat Party just don't have what it takes to put their foot down, buckle-up, and SHUT THE FUKIN' DOOR.
    I'm sure there are many other countries with competent doctors and facilities.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  5. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

6. yankeesince59

...almost a 50% mortality rate...scary stuff.

7. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

Good movie

8. totus44

In drug screening we found a few ways to attack Ebola. But Marburg pitched a no hitter, scary shit. Early on Ebola was 90% killer, but this 50% version allows for more rapid person to person transmission. It essentially has been weaponized by evolution.

9. yankeesince59

10. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.

sshhhhh...don't give 'em ideas, they could be watching/reading.......'loose lips (fingers too) sink ships'.....~!

11. totus44

12. yankeesince59

13. yankeesince59

14. Mattingly23NY

Scary crazy shit- the H1N1 Avian Bird Flu, in its 3rd mutation, is but one mutation away from being capable of using for a 'dirty bomb', also a ISIS threat.....

Time to repeal the Geneva WWII Convention, and nuke some of the Eternal War Countries, as well as the Facscist Stalin wannabe' who won't stop til the USSR is re-formed......

Air space is shut down over Russia, sooooo, lets send over some Spirts of which prying radars cannot see, and let Pukin and his hard line commy antagonist, say hello to our big flying wing friends.....

Next stop China.....that would spell the end of Walmart and Home Depot as we know them.....I for one am utterly sick of both stores, peddling Chinese garbage....While Chinese Walmart Factory workers, make but 80 cents in a 14 hour work day, are charged for on site living quarters, (which is nothing more than a 6' X 8' slab of concrete, with a cot, and drapes for privacy. Even if those workers have homes to go to, they still are charged for those living quarters on site. On top of that, as the hidden camera's exposed, those living quarters are full of rats, and the workers indeed do work in horrid heat, with no fans, no air. In winter no heat. Boycott Walmart? No just Nuke China, and Walmart will cease to exist. Wonder if Sam Walton planned or foresaw this shit. I believe he did, while the only thing that mattered to Sam, was MONEY $$$$, or getting rich at American's expense, as well as Mom and Pop stores going out of business by the 1,000s, all due to cheap shit Walmart Chinese garbage...

15. blgridesagain

It's only going to get worse.....SHUT THE FUKN DOOR.....it's bad enough we really don't have control over who is coming and going by the THOUSANDS into our country.....
    First "they" were called: illegal aliens.
    Then: they were called illegal immigrants
    And now: the invaders are just plain old "immigrants"

Leftwing Democrats can't win elections if they just speak in plain old honest english about their stances, policies and beliefs. They have to double talk, and appear to sound like middle of the road or moderate liberals to get elected....once they do get elected...they show their true colors.

The Leftwing Democrat Political Party machine has succeeded, with a big assist from their like-minded friends in the mainstream media to put any opposition to mass ILLEGAL immigration on the defensive...just call them the magic word--> RACISTS.

Back to the EBOLA Virus.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/17/world/africa/ebola-fight-needs-more-money-un-says.html?_r=0

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  16. totus44

Sending the military to wage war on Ebola. Someone asked...huh, didn't know you could shoot a virus. I replied, not the virus, the hosts.

17. blgridesagain

The first thing they should've done is forbid all flights with anyone on board from those countries where the outbreak is raging from entering the U.S. until they can get a hand on this situation...don't hold you breath waiting.
    SIMPLE!

18. Mattingly23NY

Yep, I sure did see the movie....I'd be lying if I said the movie didn't make me wonder about this kind of shit....not to mention the H1N1 Avian virus, but One mutation away from being able for use in a dirty bomb....

19. blgridesagain

It's spiraling.....Dr Tom Frieden (CDC) seems more concerned with being a feel-good politically correct politician than being honest with the American people. Why did they let this infected Duncan fellow into Dallas? How about his family members? Are they being quarantined?
    WHY NOT?
    Why isn't there a BAN on all travel to and from Liberia and other infected countries? WHY NOT? This isn't a game.
    How about if our "leaders" postpone being the welfare office and emergency room of Africa until they get a handle on this thing?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  20. totus44

According to the WH spokeshole, the TSA has procedures for 'screening and IDing' people coming in as does Border Patrol..." The border is secure" is a direct quote. Sounds good expect for the 21 day incubation period.

British and France have already suspended air travel to west Africa. CDC and WH are being politically correct, don't want to isolate Liberia from US given the slave history....totally insane.