DEREK JETER IN THE #2 SPOT

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Messiah717, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have to join the club who has been saying it. He has helped kill this team as the number two hitter. His numbers are horrible and he's being completely overmatched at this point. Some will say it doesn't matter and let him have his send off. I guess but the object still is to win.

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...plenty of blame to go around...but even if DJ was hitting better and getting on base there no one behind him to drive him in.

...pretty sad to watch.

3. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, pretty true as the lineup is riddled with failure. Unfortunately, and sadly I guess Jeter looks finished.

4. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Sad to say...thanks for the memories.

5. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

Currently - .298 OBP and SLG% He has 19 extra-base hits in 587 plate appearances.
    Having this in the #2 hole all season, I'm afraid....hurts almost as much as the lack of production from middle of the order.
    I'm sure the Yanks - even with poor production from the middle of the order would've been able to tack on a few more runs here and there, AND WOULD'VE WON a few more games if Jeter was getting a few more doubles, a few more RBI, getting on base more often.

Not all his fault - but he should be included along with those clowns batting behind him...and I give Ellsbury a pass because he should've been batting leadoff all season and HAS done his job. He's had a good season.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014