Santa Clara 49ers

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by HailBlazers, Sep 14, 2014.

1. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

As a kid raised in Portland, visiting San Francisco was my first taste of a real city. Our family would get a hotel downtown and do the tourist stuff, China Town, Cable Car, Fisherman's Wharf, FAO Schwarz (always a highlight), and the most exciting, going to 49ers games with my old man. Always had nosebleed seats at Candlestick but the experience was off the charts. Watching Jerry Rice, Steve Young, and Dana Stubblefield was epic, making me a Niner fan for life.

Fast forward through the Alex Smith years, enjoying Frank Gore and not much else, we come to the present era Harbaugh squad. I've really tried to get on board with the team, as they got some nice pieces, but find myself struggling to like Jim and his team. In contrast to the Seahawks, who've swallowed me up in the 12th man uproar.

It's kinda weird being a 49ers and Seahawks fan considering the immense hate between the two, but I've continued to root for both or a good game when they play. However, with the move 50 miles south of downtown SF (and a loss on opening night), Levi's stadium has me seriously questioning my fandom. If you look at the comments around the city it sounds like I'm not the only one:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/place/article/Levi-s-Stadium-both-structurally-and-5752211.php#photo-6723608

2. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

BAY AREA IS WACK!

3. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

I find it odd that they put the team so far away... That's like if the Blazers moved to Salem and were still called the Portland Trailblazers.

Then again the Jets/Giants don't play in NY, 'Boys don't play in Dallas, 'Skins don't play in DC and I'm pretty sure the Dolphins don't actually play IN Miami.

4. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Fresh Air FTW

Yea, it was incredibly odd seeing flyover footage of the bridges tonight that are not even close to the stadium.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  5. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

And they looked like shit tonight. Wow....blowing a 17-0 lead to the Bears? I know they are dealing with a lot of injuries, but God damn, they don't even look like a .500 team.

6. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

Dumb post.

They were pretty solid despite being completely injury-riddled (and dealing with suspensions), aside from Kaep's worst game as a pro.

Must be a C-awks fan.

7. BLAZINGGIANTS

Cali is whack. In a few years, everyone will abandon CA. Rising sea levels, no water, etc. Y'all will just be a bad dream.

8. BLAZINGGIANTS

Front-runner fan. I ain't hating. I'm like that with a few sports. It's all good. Some sports I just kinda lose interest when my team ain't the shit. I follow, but when they're out or do something to disappoint, I hitch my wagon somewhere else. Fuck, as much as I love the Blazers, when they had little future to be excited for AND sucked, I'd look at the box every other morning and that'd be it. I wasn't going to watch every game when they were going to lose most nights. Like when they nosedived the year Nate was fired. I knew they'd be back, but there wasn't much to watch. I focused on college and who we'd potentially draft with the Nets' pick. But I watched most games Dame's first year, as he brought a new energy.

Hard to balance your team, life, kids, work, Etc. When your team does something stupid, I find it certainly detracts. But my ultimate loyalty in my teams never fades, even if my interest does.

9. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

LA IS DOPE!

MAN JOSE AND THE REST OF SILICON VALLEY SUCKS!

I DO ENJOY THE MARINA AND PACIFIC HEIGHTS NEIGHBORHOODS OF SF.

:MARIS61:

NINERS AND ALL BAY AREA TEAMS SUCK.
    SO DOES ALL SEATTLE TEAMS.

PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS
    PORTLAND TIMBERS
    LA DOYERS

ALL DAY ERRYDAY.

10. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Kaeperpick.

11. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    So wait, the dude is struggling to like the Niners, but he's all onboard with a team that has a 9-11 truther that ran away from USC to escape punishment by the NCAA for a coach, and literally Richard Sherman? Front runner indeed.

12. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

It's amazing how many Hawk fans have suddenly appeared in the last couple years, right?

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  13. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I just rep'd you. Not for that post but because I owe you some.

14. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

It's natural, with success. Coming from someone not from the area, I'm impressed by the increase in Duck gear I see in the 12 years I've lived in Portland, from when I first got here, where I could have realistically believed there was a close split of UofO and OSU fans, to now, it seeming like an 80/20 split.
    Look at the ups and downs in fans the Blazers have seen, also, in that similar time span.

15. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Candlestink earned its name. It was miserably cold for baseball, and no better in football months. You could only access it via the 101, and BART stops at Milbrae.

I know nothing of Levi Field, but I assume it is much more modern and comfortable and good weather to be in the stands.

16. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Man, I have a Ricky Whittle jersey that I bought at Target back in like 1993. They used to sell that shit for $15 at Target lol