Where does it end ???

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Rick2583, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

It has been reported that since 2000 there have been 730 arrests in the NFL since 2000.

Among them =

202 charges of driving under the influence.
    38 gun charges
    10 sexual assault charges.
    21 burglary or theft charges.
    82 drug charges.
    85 charges of domestic violence.

Etc, Etc.

The Vikings lead the league in arrests over this span with 44. The St Louis Rams have the fewest with 11. Both the Jets & the Giants have had 14. The league average is 22 arrests per team. Like I said, where does this end???

RAY LEWIS - Charged with murder in the fatel stabbings of two men outside a nightclub in Atlanta in Jan of 2000. Received one year probation & a $250,000 fine after a plea bargin.

CHAD JOHNSON - Accused of head butting his wife during an argument August 2011.

NAJEH DAVENPORT - Broke into a dorm room at Barry university & defecated into a woman's laundry basket. July 2002.

DARRELL RUSSELL - Accused of sexual assault for allegedly drugging a woman & video taping her rape by two other men. Feb 2002. Charges were dropped.

ADAM (Pacman) JONES - Charged with felony coercion tied to a shooting, which left a man paralyzed. June 2007. Served 200 hours of community service.

SHAWNE MERRIMAN - In a domestic violence case, allegedly beat & chocked his wife. Sept 2009. Charges were dismissed & no action was taken by the NFL.

JERMAINE PHILLIPS - accused of felony domestic battery for allegedly chocking his wife during an argument. Jan 2010. Sentenced to a domestic violence diversion program.

MARK CHMURA - Accused of supplying teenages with booze & sexually assaulting a 17 year old girl in a bathroom at a prom party in Wisconsin. April 2000. Acquitted by jury.

These are just a few examples of the shit that's been happening in the NFL. Is it roid rage, stupidity. immaturity or a bit of all three.

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...and don't forget Rae Carruth.

3. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It ends when the NFL and NFLPA get serious about it. You do this crap and you're out.

4. Rick2583

I find it amazing that over the last 10 years or so there's been so much written & talked about PEDs in MLB & yet very little over the period about the NFL.

5. yankeesince59

...it should be easier for the NFL because unlike MLB, the contracts are not necessarily guaranteed...someone doesn't perform or does something morally/legally out of line, you can cut them...and that's one of the biggest problems with MLB today. The owners were the ones who accepted the CBA with the MLBPA.
    ...I can think of at least 4 players on the Yanx that I'd like to cut...and save about $75 Mil per year.

6. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

:smiley-pat:Since 2000? Why roll up crime stats over a 14 year span? Why not annually, or say over the entire history of the NFL?
    And if you want to break it down by team, then let's look at the crime %ages for those cities.

Why wasn't the data handled in a more appropriate manner? Because it didn't fit their agenda. This was designed to get reasonable folks like Rick fired up,
    And by De facto align him to their hidden agenda. This has nothing to do with preventing crime, this has everything to do with controlling culture. This is punishment for the name Redskins and not starting a gay player.

Way to get sucked into the hype Rick!

7. totus44

Et tu 59?

8. yankeesince59

...^^^yup, me too !

9. Rick2583

Easy there Clyde, little early in the day to be drinking. I was only copying something I saw in the papers. Thought others might find it interesting.

10. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    Don't forget Mark Gastineua........

11. Rick2583

12. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

I remember when Mercury Morris got busted for drugs (alot) way back....I actually felt sad.....and before him the Raiders had a WR, Warren Wells who I think got heavy time for rape.
    That really got my attention......"Man, how could he get in that kind of trouble"

13. Rick2583

And one of the biggest mind blowers was the Chargers WR Lance Renzel, married to Joey Heatherton & I believe he was arrested for exposing himself to a kid.

14. blgridesagain

Yeah yeah...I remember that. But wasn't he (Rentzel) on the Cowboys at the time?....I just don't want anyone to think it was Lance Alworth, the great Chargers' WR.

15. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

Not that I doubt you, but is here a link? I'd like to dig a little deeper

16. Rick2583

Steve I found this information in yesterday NY Newspaper I don't remember if it was the Daily news or the post. I do know it was in the 1st 10 pages somewhere with the heading "HALL OF SHAME". There were other players there also, I just didn't list them all. I hope you can find the article. It was an interesting read. I'll try to find it also.

17. Rick2583

You're right my mistake, yes at the time (1970) he was a member of the Cowboys. And it was a 10 year old girl he exposed himself to. 4 years earlier he did the same thing in a children's playground while he was a member of the Minnesota Vikings.

One of my pleasures in life was meeting Joey Heatherton & I had a nice conversation with her. She was not only incredibly hot but also a real sweetheart. Even kissed me goodbye that day (I kid you not) Yeah Lance Rentzel was a real idiot.

18. totus44

DUIs in the US, around 500 per 100,000 since 2000. Assume around 1500 players, that's statistically 7.5/yr. Over that time frame that should equate to 105. So they are double the national rate, but on par when you parse the numbers by age, gender and race. And I'm not even looking at the increased rate at which young black men in expensive cars get pulled over by the cops.

Domestic violence numbers are harder to breakdown, but the claim is that 20-25% experience it in their lifetime.

I need to see a comparison of crime rates to the overall male US population.

Before claiming there is a problem, I need to see the evidence.

19. yankeesince59

...^^^ exactly...I don't it as a specific problem either, at least not one that is necessarily more common or exclusive to sports...the fact is, this is being over sensationalized by the media and others as an instrument for an agenda. Nobody cares if someone like you or I does these things, but focus in on a celebrity/sports figure and you've got yourself a story..."pimp that exposure !".
    ...does the NFL really need an appointed panel of 4 women to advise them and to tell us that beating up your girlfriend is wrong?...the NFL and others in similar high profile positions make these kinds of PR moves in order to shield themselves from possible future law suits/litigation....comical actually.

20. blgridesagain

Just another brick in the wall -
    Just another example of the feminization of America?

70% (?) of all female Marine recruits couldn't do more than 2 pull-ups?
    No problem....we don't want to upset anyone.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014