LAST IN THE AL IN RUNS SCORED

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Messiah717, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Only a handful of NL teams have scored less runs. Just disgraceful.

2. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

If you have to be pathetic....do it with gusto.

3. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

BINGO! And also last in RBIs by a wider margin. (as we speak) lmao

4. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

I really want to believe & say that it can only get better next year but I said that last year.

5. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...the bad thing is that the Yanx' pitching staff has a very respectable 3.73 ERA and has issued the fewest BB in the AL and is 4th in most SOs.

...when you figure that the Yanx average scoring 3.87 Runs per game, it's a wonder they're not 20 games under .500.

6. blgridesagain

Instructional League? lol.. I know it won't happen, however- Maybe Tex and McCann could spend some time prior to spring training practicing hitting the ball in the general direction of 3b-SS if only to get their share of hits vs the shift.

7. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

Actually I've seen McCann do it several times. Teixeira on the other hand is a different story. Remember what he said at the beginning of the season? "I'm not paid to hit singles" Riding the bench from time to time might change his way of thinking.

8. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Disgraceful performance has end resulted in the Tampa Bay Rays being the first team to take 10 in a season three years running against the Yankees since the 73-75 Bostons. That stops the broken record "we gotta gt the bats going this home/road stand because there is nothing to play for. The Yankees bats this season remind me of an MG Roadster I once had, more at home in the rack, than on the field.

9. yankeesince59

...I feel your pain...I had 5 British Leyland vehicles...all Triumphs...1 Spitfire ('72)(not much more than a go cart)...3 TR6's ('69, '72, & '76)(great cars when they were running)...and 1 TR7 ('81)(terrible car...couldn't keep head gaskets on it)

10. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Berlin was my first German tour, car was not necessary, public transportation was excellent 24/7. On return I was assigned to Hanau and decided to buy a car. I was stoked on the TR-6 thought it was a real sharp looking car. In '74 I think they went for in the neighborhood of 2400 for the American Version. Good thinking on the car but when I was informed about the insurance rates I did a quick turn about. Seems like Enlisted Personnel got much higher insurance rates than Officers by far. Typical, Hitler and the boys came up with the Volkswagon for the average citizen while the Nazi bigwigs rode around in Mercedes 540Ks and the like. I ended up buying a Fiat 128 (Fix It Again Tony) just to get around in and was charged 950 a year for full coverage insurance. Loved my "B" great looking car, BRG, tan interior, but it loved the shops more than the road.

11. yankeesince59

...my '69 TR6 was British Racing Green...electric overdrive too...it was by far my best experience with the Triumph line...never really gave me much trouble, except for trying to keep those damned Stromberg carbs tuned...always wanted a Jag XKE.
    ...for the most part, the Brits were good at putting together engines and tranny's...but the little thing like hood latches, window cranks, not to mention anything electrical, were always tearing up or going bad.

...I did most all the work on mine...and learned the hard way that you better keep your tools in the trunk.

12. yankeesince59

...lol...forgot to mention, I remember my Brother and I driving all the way from Georgia to Key West and back in that '69 TR6...I was about 19 and we were both buzzed, (imagine that) and it was a nice day in the Keys so I decided to let the top down...while we were doing about 45 MPH...bad move. It was like a parachute...How it didn't rip the frame of the top off I'll never know. It put a rip in the top and bent the frame a little but we just bent it back and "kept on truckin'"...ahhh, to be young, drunk, stoned, and stupid again...good times.

13. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

and joltin jo will b back for an oncore..... BRAVO

14. yankeesince59

...hey, there's something new.

15. blgridesagain

Imagine? We can all smoke dope and pass urine tests.....and eat apple pie and dance amoung the poppy fields.

Imagine......no U.S. soldier ever again gets killed in dirty useless wars which aren't worth the sweat on his brow.

16. yankeesince59

...lol...yet more fodder for your therapist.

17. blgridesagain

Keep imagining. Dreams of grandeur?