Blazers welcome Daimler Trucks as newest corporate partner

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Sep 16, 2014.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Deal Includes “Threes for Trees” Sustainability Program as Added Excitement for Fans All Season Long

In its largest new sponsorship announcement since unveiling a naming rights partnership for the Moda Center last year, the Portland Trail Blazers today welcomed Daimler Trucks North America as a Corporate Partner. The multi-year agreement begins with the upcoming 2014-15 NBA season, and includes an engaging new initiative connected to both companies’ commitment to environmental sustainability.

“Our strategy around Corporate Partnerships has been to link with brands whose values and cultures mirror our own,” said Chris McGowan, President & CEO of the Trail Blazers and the Rose Quarter. “We are proud to welcome Daimler Trucks North America to the Trail Blazers, and to a visible branded presence in the Moda Center. Daimler’s commitment to Oregon as the state’s largest vehicle manufacturer, and to Portland as one of its largest employers, is setting a new standard for other companies. This relationship bridges marketing and business goals with other initiatives that reach Trail Blazers fans and engage Daimler employees.”

“Daimler Trucks North America has been proud to call Portland home for over 70 years,” said Martin Daum, President and CEO, Daimler Trucks North America. “Our relationship with the Trail Blazers is a tremendous opportunity to expand and celebrate our corporate commitment to the local community and the environment. We look forward to a successful partnership and an exciting season!”

Trail Blazers fans will be able to cheer for a very special part of the Daimler partnership at all regular season games with the inaugural Threes for Trees initiative. For every three-point shot made by the Trail Blazers on the court, Daimler and the Trail Blazers will partner off the court with Portland-based Friends of Trees to plant three new trees along the Sandy River Delta area. Based on the Trail Blazers’ three-point shooting success, Threes for Trees could potentially mean thousands of new trees planted to benefit Oregon’s environment and forestry landscape. Last year alone, the Trail Blazers connected on 770 three-pointers, a franchise record for any season.

"We are very excited to be working with the Trail Blazers and Daimler to help restore the Sandy River Delta, an important area for the recovery of salmon, smelt, and other wildlife species along the Columbia River,” says Scott Fogarty, Executive Director of Friends of Trees. “This partnership will continue a process to remove dams and invasive species and plant native trees and shrubs to improve water quality in one of the most important watersheds in the state. This partnership will engage volunteers and Daimler employees to restore an area that tribal cultures valued in its natural state and has been impacted since Lewis and Clark arrived on the banks of the delta. We appreciate the commitment of the Trail Blazers and Daimler to give back to the community in such a meaningful way.”

Daimler is currently building a new 265,000-square foot corporate headquarters building on Swan Island that will house approximately 1,200 of its employees from multiple Portland locations, as well as accommodate 400 new positions it anticipates it will need in the future. Construction on the new building is scheduled for completion in 2016. Daimler’s rapidly-expanding brand presence will receive a sizable boost in local and national visibility from its association with Trail Blazers Basketball. This includes in-arena signage courtside and on the basket support stanchions; promotional mentions during Trail Blazers television and radio broadcasts; and community engagement opportunities involving Daimler employees.

“Just as we’ve experienced with our other premier-level partnerships, we’re looking forward to a relationship that is mutually positive for Daimler, the Trail Blazers and our loyal fans,” said Steve Scott, Trail Blazers Vice President of Corporate Partnerships Marketing & Sales. “Daimler’s economic commitment to Oregon and the Portland market is matched by its concern for our community’s growth and prosperity. We look forward to showcasing more about Daimler and its employees through this partnership.”

http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/tra...h-america-newest-multi-year-corporate-partner

2. SlyPokerDog

Re: Blazers welcome Damiler Trucks as newest corporate partner

I wonder if this means we can get a Unimog for a forum giveaway?

[​IMG]

3. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!

That thing is built like Wesley Matthews!

4. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

Might want to spell the company's name right in the thread title!

5. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Sly turns blue, and says "fuck you" to the corporations. haha

6. SlyPokerDog

Hahahahaha!

I have no idea what you're talking about. I didn't spell anything wrong. I swear!

7. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    This is awesome! Means I'm going to be getting a lot of free tickets!

8. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Thanks for the news, ShillPokerDog!

:cheers:

9. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

i love my daimler manufactured conveyance.

it provides me years of satisfaction and reliability for my large haul needs.

10. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

Damian Trucks?

11. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Thank God they didn't decide to do something foolish with the money like 3s for pediatric cancer.

12. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I'm real good with the whole "Threes for Trees" thing but there is another issue here. Daimler trucks is embroiled in a pretty big racial discrimination suit that doesn't bode well for this in the long run. I was surprised to see they actually went forward with this at all until it is cleared up.

13. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

They wouldn't have sponsored if we'd resigned Mo instead of Blake. :ghoti:

14. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Haha, my dad worked with the guys (in the same building) that are filing that lawsuit for over 20 years. Its a couple of guys who have shitty pensions that just retired and want to milk the money cow.

15. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

This particular problem has something to do with an employee being harassed. Not exactly sure of the particulars but it was not good. Very racist comments and actions against the company.
    There is always two sides of the story and obviously I don't really have either of them. Can't even find the story I read in the O.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  16. SlyPokerDog

I still want a Unimog.

17. jlprk

retired, while you work!
  18. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    Too much 1970 freckle detail, man.

19. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Pretty cool sponsorship that'll actually produce tangible results in a short period of time. I dig it. Way better than "Mick-EE-dees".

20. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Fuck that rag... Here's a story in WW

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-23020-truck_race.html