This Team (LOL they are not)

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Art51USAF, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Art51USAF

Art51USAF Member

I have been watching this team since 1946 and they are by far the worst group I ever watched. You cant blame Joe as Cashman has squandered money and knows jack about ball players. This team needs hungry players who can hit the ball to all field. Big stupid contracts is a major disease and money stealing crooks have to be eliminated. Irrespective of all this 59 please do not be a hemorrhoids on my ass for a change.

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

..."hemorrhoids on my ass"?...uhhh, where else would a hemorrhoid be?

...if you've truly been watching them since 1946 you obviously have not been paying attention.

...as bad as they are, this team is not even close to the worst...not even close.

...and oh, "Ichiro is killing this team".

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  3. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    I have to respectfully disagree, those late 60s Teams were IMO, the worst I've seen....

the early 90s teams were also pretty bad, had some potent offense, but NO Pitching to Speak of...

1965-1969 1 year the Yanx played one game over .500 ball:

1965- 77 Wins
    1966- 70 Wins
    1967- 72 Wins
    1968- 83 Wins
    1969- 80 Wins

1971- 82 Wins (exactly .500 ball)
    1972- 79 Wins
    1973- 80

1989-1992 Most games won in this era, was 76 Wins in 92....
    Not even 1 year of .500 ball:

1989- 74 Wins
    1990- 67 Wins
    1991- 71 Wins
    1992- 76 Wins

With a current 76-73 Record, I have no doubt in my mind, the Yanx will finish above .500, which is much better a year, than these noted above, which were truly horrid years, with little hope on the horizon, as these Teams had no one special in sight who could save their butts, no stars, no rookie phenoms, NO HOPE PERIOD. At least with our Current Team, I do see HOPE and light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm tired of hearing we don't have the prospects to trade for top talent, the stats sheets prove otherwise, yet many aren't privy to our Prospects via the Minor League's. We have some decent talent as good as any ball club, as far as our Farm Club, it has NOT been decimated, on the contrary....!

We do have some talent in AAA, and AA....even Rookie A- Ball, there is plenty of talent, not the empty pit of players some would like to claim, that our Minor Lg. System is broken, It IS NOT...take a look....you'll see plenty of talent equal to most other Teams Minor Lg Prospects...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/affiliate.cgi?id=NYY&year=2014

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  4. yankeesince59

...yup, I remember as a kid, some of those 60's team were really terrible...early 90's too.

5. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

In terms of expectations this is turning out to be one of the worst. At the inept level they're playing it could end up a losing season.

6. Mattingly23NY

No doubt frustrations have run high and rampant.......not the year any of us expected....!

7. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

ahhh, the '66 team.. 10th place...gotta luv it.

8. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

girardi, this ain't about hatin on him either so don't get your depends all out a "whack", and U NO WHO U R DARLINGS!! he needs to b coachin a bunch of youngins that r hungry, thats y he had success in florida, we need a skipper like chuk from cast away who nose how to lite that fire............ wilson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

and the 1978 Yankees are - IN MY OPINION - one of the most underrated Championship teams in MLB history.

A team with balls -
    ..a team which proved it's mettle like very few teams in MLB history have.

And..........the 2009 team will probably be also overlooked as an ALL TIME GREAT TEAM.

Pay attention to these talking heads and various publications when they make their lists of all time great teams...and I'm talking about ALL TIME history--
    ... you will hear about "the past 20-30-40-50 years"......my guess is they'll leave out the 2009 Yankees.

The 2009 team is the last team (as we speak) to win at least 100 games AND the World Series....lead Majors in wins (103), in scoring, Homers, SLG% , OPS,....

And also set a team defensive record at that time - most consecutive games without an error.

The last MLB team to win at least 100 games AND the World Series:
    ---> The 1998 Yankees.

'nuff said!

over and out!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  10. Mattingly23NY

Jesus moon walking Christ.....

My Sister who lives in Wichita KS. sends me Yankee Shirts quit often, she finds in shops, at low prices. I can't find a Yankee shirt let alone a Jersey here in the last 30 years.

So, she sends me a couple nice Yankee Shirts, a Authentic Pinstripe New Era, and and a Warm up Jersey, with (get this) #13 on the back with Rodriguez name across the shoulders. Now WTF am I supposed to do with that POS. give it away to the goodwill? I don't wish that on no one...! Should it go to the burn barrel? probably, cuz I can't give the damn thing away.....! :lol: :tiphat:合掌

11. yankeesince59

...^^^matts, even now, you could probably trade your ARod jersey for a Ray Rice jersey,...and still actually come out ahead.