OT: What I've been alluding too, all YR.-- Lancaster Jet Hawks A+ Club Win Champions

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Mattingly23NY, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    Calif Lg. Champs, 2014 Lancaster JetHawks.jpg

With the First Round #1 Draft Pick, in years: 2012, 013, and 014, the Houston Astro's are slowly building a Organization in the Minor's 2nd to none.....the #1 picks are beginning to pay off, despite last years #1 pick, Mark Appel of Stanford, who began a torrid hot pace, then tore his elbow up, and has not been the same. However this team has had more than enough other SP's to step up and fill any gap. I was at a game a few weeks ago, when this tall kid named Velasquez, threw 6 complete innings, with 12 K's, only 2 Hits, 0 Walks, and was throwing 96 mph in the 1st two innings, and 98+ by innings 3-6...this team and farm club is loaded with talent to come....

One reason, I've been saying, give Nolan Ryan and his Son a few more years, and they will be in the Playoffs, if not further, my own prediction 2017 Playoffs, if not by 016. 2018 ALCS appearance or World Series, take your pick. The one problem with the Stro's Org, currently has been calling up Minor Leaguer's prematurely......,all I'm saying is keep an eye out for these kids.

The Jet Hawks are the Local Team here in the Mojave Desert, a god forsaken hot ass place to play BB. The 1st team to debut here as Lancaster's 1st Minor Lg. Club was the 96 M's, by 2000, the D'Backs for a few years, the Lowly Red Sux for 1 year, and the Stro's for the last several years.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140916&content_id=94903288&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb

.yet in all honestly I don't think the Stro's farm club has got a lock on anything. IMHO, I do believe the Yanx Farm Club has quit a bit to gain from, of which most Yankee Fans don't give the credit due to our own Farm Club, which in all honestly is NOt too shabby, see link in previous post...

2. Mattingly23NY

Re: OT: What I've been alluding too, all YR.-- Lancaster Jet Hawks A+ Club Win Champi

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...=NYY&year=2014

3. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

4. Mattingly23NY

Re: OT: What I've been alluding too, all YR.-- Lancaster Jet Hawks A+ Club Win Champi

Interesting to say the least.....

I never saw or read the SI issue, I'll try to find a copy of one.....then again, its becoming quit obvious what the Ryan Father - Son Tandem are up to.

There was a decent story right after the All Star break, on ESPN News, about Mark Appel, 2013's #1 pick of the 1st round. Being given a 1 million $ signing bonus. Blowing out his elbow in A- ball, then rehabbing his arm, and getting his ass handed to him in A+ Lancaster, when the Staff thought he was ready to comeback. A 1-5 record (approximately) with a 10.++ ERA. While a couple other Pitchers with the same club (remaining anonymous) were pissed off, due to Appel being called up to AA, when the other Pitcher's were blowing batters down with consistency.

Goes to show, a MLB Team with a large investment on their hands, promotes, and hopes like hell, their gamble pays off, at the expense of lower drafted players, who don't get big signing bonuses. Surprised me to hear as much on the news, or anything about this podunk desert hell hole...