Beltran has left team...

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by JeterRules20, Sep 17, 2014.

1. JeterRules20

JeterRules20 Member

For personal issue. No idea when he will be back. First shoot me and then let this season end. I cannot take anymore.

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...wow...not that he was really helping by playing in his condition, but what has happened to this team is just unreal.

3. JeterRules20

JeterRules20 Member

I agree he was doing nothing to help. It better be one hell of an emergency for him to leave the team. I am hurt so completely fed up with team from top to bottom. The look defeated, bored etc. I hope only a small amount of fans show up for the home games. Let management know fan base not happy at all. And, don't even get me started on how I feel about Tex right now.

4. yankeesince59

...yeah, I stubbornly stuck up for Tex for a very long time but I finally gave up this year.

5. JeterRules20

JeterRules20 Member

There is no way anyone can stick up for Tex anymore. Remember those days in the old stadium when the fans mercifully booed Giambi? Why are they not getting on Tex. I think at this point they just expect him to be awful.

6. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Unfortunately this organization has finally hit what might be a bit of an extended bad stretch. It happens and we've certainly been spoiled to think otherwise.

7. yankeesince59

...you don't hear as many boos, period, anymore...I think it has to do with the new stadium and the type fans than attend nowadays...hell, if you look in the stands, half the people aren't even watching...they're too busy texting.

8. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Beltran hasn't given us what we expected but lets not kill him for this till we see what the emergency is first. Tex, on the other hand needs to just go. Find a team pay half his salary or more or get rid of him. So let me see if I understand this right: all the whole farm system people that cashman has overseen for years are fired and cashman gets to stay ROTFLMAO.

9. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    My Yankee First Base favorites have always been Skowron, Chambliss, Donnie Baseball, and Tino. Instead of falling into their class Texeria fell into a hole. Tex has to go but who wants an aging, huge salary false pretenses clown.

10. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Tex is a PED broken down excuse maker.

11. yankeesince59

...I guess your list is comprise of only 1Bmen you've actually seen play?...if that's the case I can see why Gehrig was left off...but no love for Joe Pepitone?...or did you consider to be to much of a screw up?...he certainly had a great opportunity.

...if you have not read it, get "Joe, You Coulda Made Us Proud"...good read.

12. Yankeefan5545

Retired
    1963 Excepted I was out of the country for many of Pepitones eraly Yankee Years. Skrowron came back to haunt the Yankees in '63. I talked with Pepitones daughter more than a few times, mentioned his book and she informed me that most of it was BS. She appeared to me to be a BS artist herself. Pepitone himself showed up one night for a family event and being one who will not interact with those whom I don't respect stayed away. The Yankee Legends that I did not see get top billing with me as Olympus Dwellers above the mortal I saw play.

13. yankeesince59

...good story, that explains it...I assume your lack of respect for him is due to his self destructive ways and that he totally blew a great opportunity?

14. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

girardi affect

15. Majorball

Majorball Well-Known Member

Well after great runs, comes the dark side of sports. Traditionally, starting over involves turning the page and them going forward. But with Tex, CC, and Arod as anchors contractually, this is even harder to accept. What I would like to see is the following.

1.) Send Arod to Miami for a bag of balls, pick up the contract if you have to, go to court if you want to, but don't allow him into the Clubhouse in 2015.

2.) Send Tex to wherever they will take him, eat more salary, but change the culture. Tex was never a bad citizen, just diminished skills and refusal to change and adopt.

3.) CC, you may be stuck with him, but one out of three is a win.

4) You move Beltran to 1B next year after his elbow surgery and he will respond with a 275-20-85 season if not better.

5) Move Prado to 2B or bring up Rys from the minors.

6) Sign Headley if possible, if not let Prado play 3B

7) Trade Gardner for something of need or in a package

8) Leave Ellsbury alone and leave him in the leadoff spot with Prado hitting second.

9) Find a masher for RF, maybe the latest Cuban

10) Find a 20 Hr hitter to play left

11) Leave Beltran and Murphy alone, package Cervelli with Gardner

Simple, wasn't it, let the kids come up and play in the summer, Judge, Jiaglo, Bird perhaps, but lose young, not old. Lose with hope, not like these last 4 weeks of hell.

16. Yankeefan5545

Retired
    Those CBS Yankee Years were really bad. As much as I like Yogi his takeover as manager in '64 was a bit early, the man was still buddy, buddy with the players. Add in Pepitone and that smart ass Tresh with a declining Mantle, Ford and other Cadre Personnel and the writing was on the wall. I heard Mc Carver say that the Cardinals scouted the Yankees well prior to that World Series and had their weaknesses down pat. Even with that it took them seven games. In '65 I don't know who the larger of the two morons was the Yankee Brass for hiring Keene, or Keen himself for taking the job. I read everything with a grain of salt but Pepitones Book still freaked me out. For the late part of '67, 68, & 69 Seasons I was stationed in Massachusetts and going to games when the Yankees came to Fenway in those years prompted more worry about the twins, Tiger, and Orioles.

17. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

. get rid of #28 to win #28 .... get tolowitsky, trade gardner for a brain staff healthy its all good!

18. Yankeefan5545

Retired
    1. Gaincarlo, meet your new batboy Alex, he's a former baseball player turned druggist.
    2. Right on
    3. CC not even an ace in his deck of cards
    4-6 Right on
    7. Good move ditto 8 -10
    11. Mc Cann & Murphy behind the dish is cool.

19. yankeesince59

...Hey, that was pretty damned good !...How come I never heard of you?

20. Majorball

Majorball Well-Known Member

I live in Arkansas and eat biscuits and gravy all day.