The Tampa Bay Rays' pitchers need to be taught a lesson

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by blgridesagain, Sep 17, 2014.

1. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

And here is how you "correct" them for using Derek Jeter as a pin cushion in his final games vs this team.

(Yankee pitchers) have to absolutely drill Longoria a couple of times with fastballs and another one of their players for good measure.
    None of this brushback stuff.

No words were never more true than what Jeter once said after he was hit by Pedro Martinez way back and a Yankee pitcher "retaliated" by brushing back a Redsox' player who complained about it during the at-bat.

When asked about the incident after the game, Jeter replied:
    "It doesn't hurt when it misses you, it hurts when it hits you"

He has been hit twice on the hand/wrist area in last couple of meetings between these teams going back to last weekend at the Stadium. Both by relief pitchers.

Five Yankee batters have hit by Rays' pitchers in the past 4 games including Headley getting hit on the jaw.

Time for Yankee pitchers to pitch VERY INSIDE on the Rays from here on out and take notes for NEXT YEAR.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  2. blgridesagain

......And David Phelps showed what a gutless puke he is by being unable to place a fastball somewhere on a Rays' batters' mid-section in the bottom of the inning.

Girardi said: "I don't know what they expect ... you hit five of our guys in four games, you don't think we'll be (mad)?"

Listen to this bullcrap from the pitcher Geltz.

"I felt like that he of all people should know, those guys that have been around baseball forever, you should know that it's not intentional," Geltz said. "It's an 0-2 count. I'm trying to get him out. I'm not trying to hit him. It's Derek Jeter. I'm not trying to hit Jeter."

This is the same bullsh!t pitchers (AND SOME ANNOUNCERS!) always say when a batter gets hit hard by a pitcher.

"Why would I put the tying run on base? or....It was an 0-2 count, why would I hit him?...or....so and so (good hitter) was up next, why would I want to pitch to him?....or... it was an accident, the ball got away...or...it's a tie game, why would I put the go-ahead run on base?..

There's always a pat answer...and It's even more surprising when some of these commentators chime in and agree.
    How naive can you be? Maybe they don't want the player to get mad at them? lmao

David Cone has commented in the past on particular incidents - he thought it looked intentional when a Yankee player was plunked. Bless his heart.

3. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

girardi affect

4. blgridesagain

Yankee pitchers are pussies.
    There's more to being a "GOOD PITCHER" than ERA, Ks, W-L..ect .....know what I mean?
    I think you do.

5. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...research the stats.

6. blgridesagain

I don't know where you're trying to go with this...but I know your M-O -
    ...all I know is...Jeter has been hit twice with fastballs in these last two series vs the Rays, Headley was almost put into serious surgery and not one Rays' batter has been hit since.

Headley came within an inch or two of having a career threatening injury HIT BY PITCH TO THE JAW last week vs Tampa.......I'm talking here and now...

Now what the fuk are you talking?

Don't play games with me......Somebody on the Rays should feel the pain -- and it SHOULD BE Longoria.

Now go ahead....play your games...maybe you want to blame Jeter because he "leans" into pitches........as if he's the only batter who leans into a pitches.
    Maybe he should just lay back on his heels and ask permission to step into a pitch.

7. Pastafazul

Pastafazul Banned User BANNED

every notorious yankee killer that came into yankee stadium with girardi at the helm , name 1 who hit the dirt?

8. blgridesagain

Raji Davis? Nope.
    Delmon Young? Nope.
    Jonathan Schoop? Nope.
    Sean Rodriguez? Nope.

These are just a couple of the not-big-star-types...... Just about none of the big time hitters are ever made uncomfortable in the batter box.

Maybe '59 can research this one----> How often has David Ortiz been at least knocked down in these past two-three years?...This year?
    We won't talk about his career vs the Yankees...it's too embarrassing to all, except to Yankee pitchers.

These guys have no pride. lmao
    But I guess they're still getting paid millions of dollars. lol

9. yankeesince59

..."don't play games with you"?...lol...I wasn't directing my comment at you, but since you decided to make an issue out of it, I will.

...1. The Yanx have hit far more batters than the Rays have this year.

...2. As far as the Rays hitting Yankee batters, the count between the 2 clubs is even at 8 HBP each.

...are we copacetic now?

10. blgridesagain

One more time...try and keep up..I know it's hard--from my post (#6) you responded to.
    Read my post, and compare it to the drivel you posted (n response)

....all I know is...Jeter has been hit twice with fastballs in his these last two series vs the Rays, Headley was almost put into serious surgery and not one Rays' batter has been hit since.

Headley came within an inch or two of having a career threatening injury HIT BY PITCH TO THE JAW last week vs Tampa.......I'm talking here and now...

Now what the fuk are you talking?

Go dry off, once again you're all washed up in this thread, compliments of blg.......
    ...now read it again (my post #6) and try to apply it to the crap you posted above.

11. yankeesince59

..."once again"?...lmao, would you really like to revisit the threads you're likely referring to?...you know, the ones you disappeared in?...please say yes.

...and for the 2nd time, I already explained to you that my initial response what not directed at you