Nets’ Deron Williams says ankles finally feel good

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by truebluefan, Sep 17, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Three months after undergoing surgery on both ankles, Deron Williams feels like a new man.

“[Before the surgery], I was just walking around and my ankles would swell up,” Williams said Monday at his charity dodgeball tournament in Manhattan, which benefited his Point of Hope Foundation. “Any time that happens, that’s bad.

“[Now] they feel good. I’ve been working out hard every day, getting ready to go.”

Williams, sporting a tan and a relaxed demeanor, was excited to be able to participate in the fifth annual version of his tournament, which he couldn’t do last year because of a sprained ankle. He was in a walking boot, kept out of all of training camp and for all but nine minutes in the final one of the Nets’ seven preseason games.

This year, however, he’s already been back working out at the team’s East Rutherford, N.J., practice facility for over a week alongside most of his teammates, and is hopeful that will be the first step in bouncing back from a rough 2013-14 campaign that saw him struggle with sprains to both ankles while putting up his lowest point and assist numbers since his rookie year.

“Last year was tough,” he said. “I missed all of training camp, most of the preseason. … I practiced one time, played nine minutes in a preseason game and was thrown into the fire at 60 or 70 percent.

- See more at: http://nypost.com/2014/09/15/nets-deron-williams-says-ankles-finally-feel-good/