F' COMCAST

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by blue9, Sep 26, 2014.

1. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Can we have a "Fuck Comcast" sticky, please? I think Comcast earned it.

2. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

Re: FUCK COMCAST

Oops. You're not supposed to use vulgarities like 'Comcast' in the thread titles.

oldguy likes this.
  3. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

:clap:

4. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

Wow, CSNNW.com's website guy is clueless!

5. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

No, we don't need to have a Fuck Comcast sticky and I probably shouldn't have said what I did. I'll leave this here for a little bit but then I'm going to merge it in the thread you took the quotes from.

What would be more helpful is the Comcast deal is coming to an end soon, we need to give the Blazers a better idea of what we as fans want and what we think is fair. Things have changed drastically since the last contract was signed.

Would you want to be able to watch games on your smartphone? tablet? computer? Would you be willing to pay per game? month? season? How much?

6. SlyPokerDog

Also we can't have swear words in the thread titles anymore. We can swear in the threads, just not in the titles.

7. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    The WWE made their own network sorta thing, where you can watch their pay wrestling events online. for 10 bucks a month.

I'd pay 10 bucks a month to watch Blazer games (and if there was an archive of Blazer shit too).

Seriously, call it the "Blazer Network" and have people pay to watch old games, inside info, and streaming shit. As much as the WWE is about trailer trash sometimes, they are ahead of the bell curve here.

Come on Blazers, don't let wrasslin' better you!

8. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Personally I think watching the game on a smartphone is stupid. Tablet and computer are better, but not ideal. Ideally the Blazers would partner with someone like Netflix to sell streaming packages directly to customers. If I could buy the full Blazers season on Netflix I'd pay...well, I don't really know. Without giving it much thought, maybe $150-200? I really have no idea what the going rate is - I cut cable years ago. What's League Pass cost?

9. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this is what the Blazers did in the 80s/90s. Blazer Cable, anyone?
    The problem with that is you'd still likely need to HAVE cable in order to buy the channel. Unless you could buy a Blazer Cable box that just received Blazer games?

10. SlyPokerDog

I wouldn't be into watching the game on smartphone either except for the times when I'm at the coast or out of town.

11. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    I want to watch on my big ass TV. With surround sound. I'll pay a reasonable amount for the privilege. A NetFlix-type package as Julius suggested would work fine. It should cost less than League Pass.

12. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

I would be into watching the games on as many platforms as possible, but ideally I would like to see a web site that live streamed and kept games on record. That way I could watch the game at my leisure and not miss out when Im out of town or my DVR fucks up.

This Comcast deal has been a huge clusterfuck and the fans have been the ones who got screwed. I cant believe there are still areas of Oregon that cant watch Blazer games because of blackouts and no available Comcast service. Ill be very disappointed if the Blazers dont fix this mess this time around.

13. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    The WWE Network idea is cool, but that shouldn't be the only way to get their games, because the WWE Network is pretty much hemorrhaging money. I'd say the average Blazer fan is a bit ahead of the curve compared to the average wrestling fan though, so they would probably be more likely to have the internet and streaming device to get it i suppose.

14. ShareTheRock

ShareTheRock Hope Is Not a Strategy

Not having to deal with the Comcast/Blazer issue is the one thing I like about not being close enough to go to games.

15. BlazersFanatic

BlazersFanatic John 3:16

How bout sign a deal with KGW and show us the games for free, Paying extra to watch blazers to me is not worth it. We pay enough when we go to games, buy clothing etc... Not everyone has an extra 200 bucks to throw out.

If the Blazers want to expand the fan base and gain more attention charging more to watch there games is not going to do it, They need a KGW type deal to bring fans back to the table and get the excitement going again especially after the CCNW debacle.

16. SlyPokerDog

I don't speak for the Blazers and am not an expert on this but the numbers I heard was Comcast paid $10 mill a year for 10 years for the broadcast rights. That's $100 million the Blazers would have to make up somewhere. I just don't see KGW being able to pay that much. The Blazers would have to make up the lost revenue somewhere.

I'd pay $10 a month.

17. ShareTheRock

You'd need 100,000 Blazer Fans paying $10 a month for 8-9 years to make up the $100m.

18. SlyPokerDog

Advertising?

Comcast could still pay the Blazers to broadcast the games. They just wouldn't hold exclusive rights.

19. ShareTheRock

I've always thought there was a workable solution to this Comcast crap. Shared rights sounds best for everyone.

20. SlyPokerDog

What I heard is Fox Sports offered the Blazers $4mill a year for 4 years, a $16 mill contract. Comcast came in with $10mill for 10 years, $100 mill. I don't blame the Blazers at all for taking the Comcast deal. I don't blame the Blazers, in a small market, for going for all the money. I just expect the next deal to be better for the fans and by better I mean an option to watch the Blazers other than Comcast.