Joakim Noah: 'A little more cautious'

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Sep 30, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Joakim Noah is hopeful that his body is ready to withstand the grind of an 82 game season, but as he continues rehabbing from arthroscopic left knee surgery from early May, the All-Star isn't sure exactly how that knee will respond heading into the Chicago Bulls' first practice of the 2014-15 season on Tuesday.

"Obviously this is the first time I've ever had surgery on my knee so I'm hoping there's no limitations," Noah said during Monday's media day at the Advocate Center. "But I just have to be a little bit more cautious. But it's exciting, it's really exciting. I know that this is a long journey we're about to embark (on) and I just want to be as ready as possible."

Noah put together the best season of his professional career last year earning first the Defensive Player of the Year award along with first-team All-NBA honors. But Noah limped badly at the end of the year during the Bulls' first round loss to the Washington Wizards -- admitting Monday that his knee was hurting more than he led on during the playoffs.

Read more http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...bulls-hopes-surgically-repaired-knee-ready-go