AL WC game

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by totus44, Sep 30, 2014.

1. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

8th inning was exciting....now 7-6. Should have let Gore try to steal home. That kid is fast!

2. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

What was a 7-3 blowout has turned into a 7-6 bottom of the ninth thriller.

3. Messiah717

7-7 in what has really become an incredible game in KC.

4. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

Still 7-7 in the 11th, I'm pulling for KC.

5. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    Amen, tho' I admire Billy Beane, I'd like to see the A's lose, as Beane cast IMO, too much of a gamble, putting all his eggs in one basket, all the chips on one hand......

If it pays off, and here we are in the bottom of the 12th, and looks like the Royals may lose.....

Hope not tho'......perhaps if Beane gets shit canned, which I don't think the A's Owners would shit can Beane, if he traded the entire team for the Mona Lisa....he'd still have his job.....tho' I'd kinda like to see Beane in NY, with the big budget the Yanx could provide, I believe Beane could resurrect another Bronx Dynasty....

BTW-If Beane wins or loses, it all Joe's Fault....LMAO....

Damn good exciting game.....

Makes me think of the Mets vs. Astro's in the NLCS in 86...a 16 inning affair, game 7....!!

Hold all Horses, the Royals have the tying run at 3rd, with One out....Go KC....!!!
    Hey hey Tie Game....do you believe!!!

6. Messiah717

Royals tie it again as it's 8-8. What a game this is.

7. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Dear Mr. Beane, as much as I've enjoyed your moves this year I'm afraid in the end your team lost. I don't think your A's could beat the Angels anyway so your teams second half spin was stopped in Kansas City.

8. Mattingly23NY

What I'd give to see the Royals eventually kick Detroit's ass.....

The Tigers proved to me they are not fit to be in an ALCS, let alone a W.Series....

9. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Terrific game. Pulling for KC. KC wins in 12 innings 9-8.
    Clutch hitting on both sides. Pitching not a difference maker.

KC Royals will play LA Angels.

10. Mattingly23NY

Amen....,.Beane could f'k up a wet dream, and still keep his job......come to Daddy, the Yanx could use a guy of Beane's caliber, with a big budget, no telling what Beane could do in NY....bring back a dynasty? I'd think so....

Tho' as mentioned prior in other post, Beane could trade his whole team away for a bunch of A+ Minor leaguers, and the Mona Lisa, and still have his job at the end of the day....Come to Daddy in NY Money Ball...

11. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

That statement could also apply to Cashman. How he maintains to keep his job at this point is a mystery to EVERYONE except the Stiener boys.

12. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

His A's have won ONE playoff series since 1998 and have now lost this years WC game with an increased payroll of (30?)%....Yep, this is what the Yankees want.

Are we sure he can handle THE BIG TIME? lol

13. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

^^^I'll asked the very same questions I asked you before which you typically refused to answer and simply replied with your usual compelling "blah blah blah" retort.

"1...you don't think the Yanx would be worse with Cashman on a $70 Mil budget?

2...you don't think the A's would be better with Beane and a $200+ Mil budget?

3...you don't think the Yanx would have done better the last 15+ years with Beane running the farm and using the Steins checkbook?"

http://sportstwo.com/threads/270759...-Cashman-and-the-GM-job/page2?highlight=Beane

...also from the same thread;

...and he's been doing it for years. All the while with one of the lowest payrolls year after year.

...this pretty much sums it up...long article but a good read;

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/oak....jsp?loc=beane

"Under his watch, the A's have compiled a 1396-1194 (.539) record over the last 16 seasons, which is the third-best record in the American League and fifth best in all of baseball during that time frame. The A's have six American League West titles (2000; 2002-03; 2006; 2012-13) and secured one AL Wild Card spot (2001) during that span. His teams have posted 90 or more wins in eight of the last 14 years. The A's seven postseason appearances since the 2000 season are tied for fourth most among all Major League teams, trailing only New York-AL (12), St. Louis (10) and Atlanta (9)."

...without mumbling to yourself, maybe, just maybe, you'll answer the questions this time.

14. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

7 stolen bases....royals should be renamed the diamond thieves.

15. blgridesagain

First off - here's a question I asked YOU which was never answered from your poll thread.
    My post #55
    Would YOU have left Tex in the 4th\5th spot for most of the 2nd half-Sept?

You were stumbling all over the place in that thread because you just couldn't grasp and/or agree with me being in favor of shaking up this lineup, more specifically the 3-4-5 spots and voting NO on Girardi because I thought Girardi should've done it more often, on occasion...lol...you even tried to make an issue out of "more often or "on occasion". Take you pick - I doesn't matter to ME because Girardi certainly didn't do it nearly enough...if ever.

Here's the answers to your questions...and I'm only doing it to prove a point...
    I don't have to answer to YOU.

1) Not necessarily.
    2) Not necessarily.
    3) Is Beane a scout? How many homegrown players were on this year's A's team?

There ya go - Take it or leave it.

Oh, one more question for YOU:

How many playoff series or Wild Card play-in games has Beane's A's won since 1998?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  16. yankeesince59

17. yankeesince59

18. blgridesagain

.oh, you mean play the "after the fact second guessing game"?...OK, in that case, No, probably not...but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything since pretty much the whole team under-performed this year.

I have to admit - in a weird way I kinda enjoy playing along with you...but you can get childish...or maybe you REALLY AREN'T as smart as you and I thought you were?
    lol Don't get upset - it's all good....only kidding.

As for your above comment regarding the Tex question.....did you see his 2nd half stats? Horrible --- A steady decine.
    Girardi just left him in the middle of the order. He (Tex) killed this team/lineup.
    Just moving Tex alone out of the 4-5th spots would've been an improvement for this lineup...and you gave ME a hard time? lol

I was hoping you could appreciate Girardi trying SOMETHING else to tweak the middle of the order. And I WOULD HAVE preferred to have Ichiro, Cervelli (in days when he was in the lineup) Headley (acquired late July) and almost ANY OTHER YANKEES being used OCCASIONALLY to shake-up the lineup as long as Tex was moved out of there and to a lesser extent McCann earlier in the season. It may have taken some pressure off McCann as he clearly was pressing early on.

There were plenty of things Girardi could've/should've tried to change the dynamics of the lineup.

The results wouldn't have been any worse (IN MY OPINION) than the usual stand pat approach Girardi used and it could have indeed "lit a fire" under some of the guys.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  19. yankeesince59

^^^...lmao...who's "upset"?...me?...why would I be upset?

...you admit you can't quantify that the results "would not have been any worse"...but you're sure the results would have been better?...great pretzel logic.

...and sorry but again, try actually reading and comprehending what I said...(" I'm not sure what that has to do with anything since pretty much the whole team under-performed this year.") ...how many other Yankee hitters equaled or exceeded their career numbers?...this teams offensive failure was a GROUP effort, and focussing on Tex alone is off the mark and laughable.

20. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    I respect Beane as a GM, the guy has a knack for turning shit to shinola. I've always wondered what would happen if he was the Yankees GM, no doubt he'd write smaller checks for better talent than Brain Cashman.