The real trap game.....

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Quack U!, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

many think is Utah and I would have circled that game first at the beginning of the year but Utah has beaten on the road some big name teams. That being the case, they wont be a sneak up and shock us game. They are a good team with a great punter and a solid D. Oregon would be foolish to take them lightly now and further be complacent and under prepared the week leading up to them!

The trap is the weekend! Yes I know we hate the Fuskies and right back at us, but Petersen is the difference here! This guy is a big game hunter and in two more years he'll no longer have to hunt he'll be the hunted. I respect Peterson on all kinds of levels as a coach; but the greatest level is that of detail and preparation that sets him apart from most other coaches. He's taken 3 star talent and molded them as a unit into a 5 star team at Boise St. his whole career. Now he's got some legit 5 star talent who's learning his system, and guess what? Those Dumb DAWGS are learning!

The Fuskies run D is quite good and their secondary will have speed with Shaq and Baker roaming around out there. Our passing routes will need to be clean, no missed routes like we've seen in games past. Our O line will be in for a war up front! Very happy Fisher is back for this one! The rumor is they'll shut down our run and make us 1 dimensional with the pass, thus feeding into their secondary speed. Without Fisher I might have gone with that assumption but with the BIG Fish back I see a bunch more Tyner and Freeman busting aggressively into their backfield. Bair might also be key into making some punishing holes for big runs too!

I'm not so concerned with our O throwing points on the board as I'm nervous our D will give them right back!!!!

Their QB has a very high completion percentage and they attack with their run game something we have had trouble stopping for the last few games. Let's also remember Peterson can dial up a play when he needs to so our D will have to play a great CONSISTENT game. That means 4 quarters Pellum!

Then there's the 10 year dominance situation and a new coach coming in to set things right.... The media will be all over that one....

We are both 5-1 and although their body of work is not ours this year, this is a dangerous DAWG POUND that we need to neuter in a hurry! Start strong and keep pouring on the scores, because we know our D will give them points.

If we can establish the run which I know we can do, we should seriously think about giving them double helpings of Royce in the 4th and playing some clock management if we are up by 10 +.

This will be a GOOD game and the one I think really gets us going for the final push to our amazing season!

Super Happy it's in Autzen!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  2. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

Well.....

I have been believing all year that Pellum has been reducing the number of blitzing to develop the dlineman. I could be wrong but this makes sense to me.

On offense, I see a lot of quick passes/runs to the perimeter to start the game before we start testing the middle. I think the UW defense likes to cheat a lot given the opportunity. With that said, I think we can catch them cheating on offense.

I do agree with you that this is a trap game.

3. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    For some reason UW never really scares me.

4. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

as a fan, I'm rarely scared. Generally when Vegas has the Ducks as 20+ favorites on UW, I go into the game downright giddy

Fuck the Huskies

STOMP

5. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

I was 9 the last time the huskies beat us...

6. MickZagger

UPS
    I was a sophomore in high school the last time this rivalry was competitive. Most my friends were Huskies fans (who ended up getting their degree there). They were huge Pickett fan boys.

7. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

I will be the FIRST TO ADMIT I WAS THRILLED TO BE WRONG LAST NIGHT! I WAS AT THE GAME AN IT WAS SO MUCH FUN TO BEAT THEM STUPID AGAIN FOR 11! ROLLS IS A BEAST, AND MARCUS LOOKS LIKE AN NFL QB NOW!

Glad I was WRONG!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I will ad is we must figure out 3rd down on D!!!! Glaring problem there! We give up the big play almost every time!

8. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

At least we are getting pressure on 3rd down, just not getting there fast enough.

9. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

We need a fast drop in coverage LB to take away that 15 yard and under 3rd down pass. It's killing us! I think we might want to have Dargan start cheating up to take those 3rd down and costly conversions away.

10. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Utah is not a trap game. Oregon state is. We will want revenge on Stanford. Utah is ranked and we're on the road. OSU is the trap

11. MickZagger

UPS
    OSU should never be a trap game. We know they bring it pretty much every year against us.

12. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

Mannion throws a great ball but he runs like an 80 year old hooked to a back board brace! If we can't sack this guy, I've got serious questions about our D for sure!

13. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

I know that last years game was far closer than what it should have been but this years beaver team does not frighten me. IMO, they simply just don't have the playmakers in the backfield nor out wide to make it much of a game but thats just mu opinion.

14. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

Their RB Storm Woods isn't bad at all, but I think he has a bum knee now. A pro style offense with a very slow QB and no legit receiver's as of yet should be sack city for us, let's HOPE!

We should also play close attention to UTAH vs USC and ASU.... If they roll both those teams, we are in for a very big fight in two weeks!

15. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

I like Storm Woods and what he brings to the beavers but like you said, he's got a bum knee right now. Also the beavers don't have depth like they had last year. The biggest problem I see is if Scott Frost tries to get to cute with play calling or doesn't have a rhythm or if Helfrich loses control of the locker room again this year like he did last but I don't see that being a problem.

I am very interested in the Utah game because they are a good team. I have questions about their depth and QB play. They are coached very well.

16. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

Utah against USC will be very telling this weekend. The Utes play very disciplined, they have a for real RB and their D can collapse an O line. I also appreciate their punter the most! This kid kicks Australian style and does is surgically. They pinned UCLA into crap field position all game long! Further their FG kicker is money!

17. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

I have that game circles as well to watch.

Who do you have winning that game? Unfortunately, I have USC winning that game.