isportsweb's Bulls' player projections

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by transplant, Oct 18, 2014.

1. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Source

Scoring-wise, I could certainly live with most of these these projections, but I don't see how Snell and Mirotic are going to make those per game averages unless injuries provide them with the opportunities for a lot bigger minutes than they'll get with everyone healthy. This said, I can easily see Butler exceeding his 10ppg projection by several PPG.

Anyway, thanks to isportweb (whoever they are) for the strawman. Have at it.

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Adds up to 100 points per game.

3. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

That's not how these things work math wise when you account for injuries. :-)

I don't know about those projections for Pau. He averaged 17.4 ppg last season, and that's pretty much consistent, if a bit low, for his career. He averaged 13.7 ppg the previous injury-plagued season, which was by far the lowest.

isports is essentially predicting that he's either going to get injured or substantially under perform his career stats. I'm not sure we've seen a lot to suggest that -- though I guess I wouldn't be completely shocked if that happened.

4. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I didn't mean to suggest I believe those numbers are realistic.

Mirotic might play zero minutes many nights, but if/when Noah and/or Pau sit out a few games, he might play 40 and average 20.

I honestly see our best 5 guys getting at least 30 minutes a night, and Jimmy close to 40.