What's up with Tyner?

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Natebishop3, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Is he hurt or is he just not good enough to get carries? I really thought Tyner was going to be our next star, but Royce is crazy good. I could see Tyner transferring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

Frost and coach Cam said he hurt his left arm on a kickoff return and didn't want to risk it. Not sure if that's truthful or not, but that's at least what was said yesterday.

3. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

Tyner wont transfer cause he'd be a senior before he'd touch the ball again in the Pac and I can't see him leaving the west coast. That said he plays with a confidence issue. When he's on he's great, but if he doesn't get into a flow early he runs with trepidation and then becomes irrelevant. Next year I see him only in the Tazr position where his speed can be utilized. For now he's just not great at hitting his gaps without dancing where Royce just runs them over! I'd also suggest that Royce is a north to south bulldozer and Tyner is more a LMJ or Kenyon type of runner.

Tyner I think thought college would be like playing Beaverton High, welcome to the big leagues!

4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Yeah I originally thought Tyner reminded me of LMJ whereas Royce is a Jonathan Stewart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

I was thinking the same thing. He has not had many impressive runs this year. He has the LMJ track speed but doesn't look a thing like him as a football player. Much of that has to do with our beat up line. But Marshall and Freeman have been noticibly better. Maybe he's just not a natural running back. Maybe he could be a safety or something.

6. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

He has no vision. I remember in the first half yesterday had he cut up the field instead of trying to truck a Husky safety (Which resulted in 1 yard) he would've scored.

7. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

He was injured early on during the game (obviously, though most speculation on the hit was that it was a concussion) and Oregon isn't going to tuthfully talk about it in the same way they don't talk about any injuries.
    STOMP

8. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

I think we all wanted Tyner to be the guy at Oregon since, well, he's from Oregon

Freeman is better though, and there's really not a lot of doubt about it. Recruit good players, let them compete, play the best player. Freeman won that battle.

Sucks for Tyner but it is what it is

9. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Tyner doesn't even return kicks well. The Ducks miss their play makers in the return game. Seems that we used to have a big return every game.

10. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Good coaches can get players can get them to co-exist.

11. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

Tyner just needs to believe in himself the way he did in high school and all will come around. He saw his first bit of real talent around him freshman year and has been a deer in the headlights ever since.

You can't fake speed and size and this kid has both! The question is.... does he have heart to match it? He runs scared and I think we can all see that! I believe his biggest problem is all in his head.

12. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Thomas had his bell rung early and his helmet taken in the 1st Quarter. Oregon doesn't talk about injuries, but having your helmet taken means one thing...a concussion

STOMP

13. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

For last game you may be right, but for other games he dances to much in the backfield and is indecisive hitting his holes. He waits and gets wacked!

If he fixes that and just goes, good things will happen!

What's strange is reports started off his arm to his shoulder and now his head..... Hard to know what's wrong with that much going on.....

14. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

He didn't dance vs UCLA... of course there has been a whole lot less dancing by every Duck RB since Jake returned.

I'm not the least bit worried about TT and expect him to have some huge games

STOMP

15. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

I hope so too! Tyner is the speed guy to burn ya for the big play and I hope that shows up very soon. I worry Tyner will get down on himself seeing the nation falling all over Royce and stop competing. Royce is that back that breaks the D's back, play after play and in between the tackles. He beats up the secondary and that should really soften them up for Tyner to break the big run. These two should feed of each others strengths because they are very different. Further they can rest each other so both are fresh and lethal! Royce may have a 1000 yards by the Pac 12 championship. Now you be honest, you never expected this freshman to be this good? Hell! Bleachers has him as the face of Oregon after Mariota leaves and earmarked for the NFL and Heisman watch already.

Tyner will need to find his niche in a hurry because the speed he brings is coming next year too with Taj Griffin......

16. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

I tend to agree that it's a lack of vision issue that turns into a confidence issue. Hopefully in time, he can regain his swagger he had in college. My gut feeling is that he likes to be "The-Man" and doesn't perform well unless under that pressure. I know it sounds odd.

17. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Actually, it's my fault. I spoke well of him - so he is doomed!

18. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

HA!!!

19. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Should be noted, with the reforms passed earlier this week, this is no longer true.

20. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm curious to that. I'm by no means a legal guy, but it just says will receive scholarships immediately. Does that also include playing? or when someone transferred, were they technically not "on scholarship" and having to pay their own way that year for school?

from the story.