Tony Parker: NBA should play 4 preseason games instead of 8 & use those 2 weeks to...

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Oct 19, 2014.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

2. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Re: Tony Parker: NBA should play 4 preseason games instead of 8 & use those 2 weeks t

Meh. Or he needs to stop being such a pussy.

Players have been doing the same routine for years, it doesn't need to change now. No wonder guys like Jordan shakes his head at these softies.

3. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Re: Tony Parker: NBA should play 4 preseason games instead of 8 & use those 2 weeks t

Preseason is pointless. I agree. 4 games then get the season going. Can't believe we have to wait until the end of october. No one really wants to watch football and feign liking it.

4. mook

mook The 2018-19 season was the best I've seen

Buy a recipe binder at CookbookPeople.com

So the guy who has played on the same team for more than a decade with the same two stars and the same stud coach, and who was handed the starting PG job the day he was drafted, doesn't see much point in preseason. Go figure.

5. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Is there a point beyond 4 games for any team? Having 4 more isn't going to automatically gel your team, either. Just start the damn season.

6. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

If it means spreading it out enough so there are no more B2B games i'm all for it. These are the games no team plays well. The product on the floor suffers.

7. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Solid idea. Better than the 44 min thing or the shortened season idea. Been saying preseason is useless for a while now. But my suggestion was to cut down games and spread them out so teams get more practice time in between games. Seriously, what's the point of b2b preseason games?

8. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

8 pre season games is too damn much. They should have like 4 to shake of rust and evaluate backups. I think the NBA season itself has too many games. I think with less games, players would hold back less.

9. BlazerBeav

BlazerBeav Well-Known Member

Absolutely - there's no need for 82 games, especially when it means packing games in so that you can play 4 in 5 nights.

10. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant

I agree the 4 games in 5 nights bullshit severely harms the product.

11. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I think that if players held back less, played more "all out" on both ends of the floor, and teams made greater use of their benches, we'd see better ball, and more players would get better opportunity to prove their worth, and the grind of the season would be less of an issue.

Basically, I wish Chip Kelly were a basketball coach.

12. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

On one hand, teams with new players or coaches need time to master new schemes. Or at least improve upon them. They need 3 weeks of training camp.

But since they are not playing their starters very many minutes in those pre season games, maybe start the season a week earlier, play a few games, and then give them a few days off to for more practice. But once the season really gets gong, and players start getting sore, they will end up not practicing. So spreading it out over the season won't accomplish much.

as for Back to Back road games......sometimes we play better on that second day. It is the one day off bullshit after a long road trip that bugs me. That first game back is almost always a struggle.

13. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee

NBA players already have practically the highest paid, cushiest "part-time job" in the world. Maybe TP should spend a year of his life working in a factory, mine, department store, restaurant or other normal everyday/allday job.

He gets my vote for Most Pathetic Person of the day.

14. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I disagree. When I hook up with your sister 4 out of 5 nights she never complains about the "product". #BAM

Sent from my Baller-Ass 5.5" iPhone 6+......... FAMS

15. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

^FromWayDownTownBang!^

16. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Honestly though, since we KNOW they will NEVER shorten the season why don't some of you guys stop whining about that? The league isn't going to ever give away that revenue. And if I were running the business I wouldn't want to miss that $$ either.
    Tony Parker has it right. He's not whining at all. He's being logical. Why do we ever compare professional athlete's jobs to ours?

Apples/oranges

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  17. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

"HE's ON FIRRRE"! (nah....literally.... you just got the clap dude)

18. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant

I agree. Four preseason games is plenty, and the time could be used to spread out the games a bit more. Or just spread out the games more in the first damn place. Either way.