iphone owners....

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by oldguy, Oct 22, 2014.

1. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known Member

Maybe you already know this, but if you don't, try googling "dropoutjeep". If you didn't know, you won't be pleased.

A buddy of mine told me about this, and he's always been an Apple guy. He also said that many/most flashlight apps are spyware from overseas. He said look at snoopwall.com.

Go Blazers

2. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Apple doesn't require the flashlight app. It's already built in

3. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known Member

Did you already know about dropoutjeep?

Go Blazers

4. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

my boss got rid of his 6 after just two weeks

5. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

what about the fleshlight app?

6. magnifier661

Well that's an entirely different story!

7. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

If its on the web, then it must be true!

8. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
  9. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    I'm not a tech guy but according to a tech savvy friend dropoutjeep is a be rumor that doesn't even make sense if the phone isn't jail broken. Most likely a rumor started by competitors.

Personally I have no idea and since I already spent the funds on my iPhone 6 I'm stuck with what I have. If it turns out to be true, I may never buy Apple again, but as it stands right now, this #6 is about the most awesome bit of tech I've ever touched.

10. AmirIcon

AmirIcon Well-Known Member

Writer, Director, Actor
    Is it really that awesome? I just bought one. I like it and all but I don't see why iphones are overrated so much. I've been Droid all of my life and would love an education on why the iPhone 6 is so amazing. I'd like to get full use of my phone if possible!

11. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Well although I have and enjoy my iPhone, that has no bearing on how good droids or other phones are. I haven't used a galaxy or an htc one or any of the other highly touted phones. I compare mine to my old iPhone 4. My liking this phone is in great part due to familiarity, ease of function, good feel, and fun features, but much of that you may be used to from your old phone.

Some things I love, double clicking the home button brings up all recent contacts for a very simple touch which opens up all their contact methods with the next touch. Just simple and intuitive. I love on the messages there is now a microphone right there for sending very quick, convienence voice messages. I have sent several while driving without ever having to look down. I love the size, that's just total opinion, but I wouldn't want ****** or smaller. The camera is crazy good, I was taking pictures of bugs with my nephew and they came out stunning. I have bunches of apps and they work so quickly and some seem To be better than versions I've seen on friends phones. The speaker is much louder than on the 4 or 5, great for using as an alarm clock or checking a videoclip without headphones. Also in comparison to my #4, the battery seems much improved, at least using Netflix it last much longer.

Remember, I'm not ranking phones, just saying I dig mine big time and that its be best piece of tech I've had.

Edit: also really love two more things. The fingerprint scanner to open the phone is very convienence and works impressively well. I like that Apple (and Google) are making their phones inaccessible by police.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  12. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    It cracks me up that in addition to the liberal/conservative, Democrat/Republican, atheist/theist, racial and other traditional schisms in our society, Apple/Windows and the subset of iPhone/Android has become something that people seem to feel called to strongly identify with.

13. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known Member

Not sure what all that means. I don't have an iPhone, and I don't have any reason to believe that my phone is any more secure.

My friend is concerned to find that there is, apparently, a back door into his phone. That may be true of all phones, I don't know...I just haven't heard about it.

My friend says, to his knowledge, Apple has never denied that this issue is true.

For the flashlight spyware, he said he saw that issue raised on snoopswall.com. I don't know anything about the reliability of snoopwall, and I'm not trying to claim everything they say is gospel.

I wasn't trying to be critical about iPhone. I was just trying to spread the word about something that I just heard about.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/12/30/the-nsa-reportedly-has-total-access-to-your-iphone/

My buddy also claims that the original source of this info was Eric Snowden.

Go Blazers

14. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I posted a link where Apple denied they put any kind of back door into iPhone software. Your link is from 2013.

And it says that NSA is redirecting the shipped orders to get their hands on the physical devices. There's nothing to do about Apple there, and there's absolutely no way to be secure if someone else has physical access to your phone.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/12/31/ap...ware-of-alleged-dropoutjeep-snooping-program/

Apple Says It Has Never Worked With NSA To Create iPhone Backdoors, Is Unaware Of Alleged DROPOUTJEEP Snooping Program

15. magnifier661

I didn't take offense for a minute. I was just merely replying that iPhone users shouldn't be effective, since the flashlight app is already part of the iOS. Anyone using a flashlight app on an iPhone is just lazy and didn't deinstall the app.

16. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    If you read my last post you will notice I in no way said my iPhone was better, just something I was used to and enjoyed. I agree that there is too many choosing sides on all sorts of things based on what group you fit. In some cases a preference in one belief might be warranted but all too often we choose sides based on criteria that doesn't matter, like who else likes/dislikes a particular belief.