McBuckets to start?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by Denny Crane, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I've been reading that Thibs doesn't like playing rookies, but he may dislike playing two rookies on the second team. Thibs raves about him. He's the organization's kind of guy. Certainly his shooting and (hopefully) scoring will really help.

He doesn't yet look like a contender to lead in scoring at this level, but the more I've seen of him, the better he's looked. He's played well enough at SF with the starters that anyone else we have on the roster isn't enough of an upgrade. His ~5 RPG is a contribution beyond shooting, and he looks ok on defense.

Gasol looks old... His TS% is really low for an offense oriented big guy. Hopefully he's coasting into the regular season and will show us why he's still considered an elite big man.

The really interesting question is Mirotic and how he gets minutes. He's not going to play SF, and frankly, he doesn't look suited to play SF. He doesn't look good enought, yet, to get minutes over Taj as a bench player. I think Thibs will want to find ways to have Taj out there for as many minutes as possible.