Did Elizabeth Warren Really Just Open The Door To A 2016 Run?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by truebluefan, Oct 23, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

It's not that I don't admire Elizabeth Warren. Who doesn't? But I can't be the only person who remember what happened in 2007, when personality politics took over the Democratic primary process, and people's expectations were just wishful thinking. It makes me wary.

Look, electoral politics are still about the possible: Policy, and the effective execution thereof. If Elizabeth Warren is a candidate (and I hope she is -- the more progressives, the better), I want us to push her really, really hard on the other issues (like Gaza, on she's avoided questions). How do we know she's not going to support the military-industrial complex? I want more information.

But it's not just that. I'm wary for the same reasons I was concerned about Obama -- has she really been in Washington long enough to understand how to effectively work the levers of power? Does she have the spine to punish Democrats who don't support her agenda? She's been amazingly effective on the consumer bureau, and is certainly a strong leader for economic populism -- but will she know how to execute? Stay tuned!

Read more http://crooksandliars.com/2014/10/did-elizabeth-warren-just-open-door-2016