aTm backs out of home and home with Oregon

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Wheels, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

Wish I could say I'm surprised.

Link

2. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

3. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

And they schedule with Clemson instead.

4. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

So now that's Kansas St., Georgia, and now Texas A&M.

Frauds. Thats not to say that we would win but this is why we play the games.

Most SEC teams only play 2, maybe 3 games a year and the rest is pansies. I can make that same case for us Ducks this year but it's not like we are backing out of commitments. For instance, next years schedule is very tough and we still play MSU.

5. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

I give credit to Michigan state for not backing out.

6. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

I understand why fans are upset but like many things this probably boils down to business. For starters, the Tigers seat an additional 27,000 in Death Valley

STOMP

7. 1honestfan

1honestfan Member

While I agree that it's most likely a business decision, I disagree that it's a stadium capacity issue. IMO - I believe that the business decision is more focused in on getting a loss than anything. Combine that with the wide speculation that the SEC is going to to go a 9 game league schedule than that current 8 (Weak). Also add in the fact that A&M also isn't that good. Granted, they would play in the distant future.

Just a question, who would have won if Oregon and Georgia would have played this year? Not trying or actually being a homer but I seriously believe that Oregon would have beat Georgia.

In closing, I believe that the SEC as a whole, is more worried about branding and getting as many W's as they can. It really does amaze me how they can just over-hype and under perform.

8. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Believe what you like, but it's an extra 2 Mil+ in gross revenue before concessions etc. It's also over twice the travel distance for A&M to Eugene then it is to Clemson SC which means much higher expenses. College football is big time business and these are not trivial facts. As far as your loss projection :rolleyes2: tomorrow isn't promised to anyone and there is a high probability that these schools will not remain at their current respective perches in 4 years. Geez, how many of UO's great longterm coaches (Greatwood, Campbell, Radcliff, Neal & Osborne) still be around?

I don't like it, but I also don't blame TAMU 1 bit for going for the far more lucrative game in the middle of rich recruiting grounds located much closer to home.

STOMP