Jordan Crawford: “The Sacramento Kings wanted me, but I am not a backup"

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by truebluefan, Oct 23, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jordan Crawford drove up the floor and knocked down a three-pointer from the left wing. He then sliced through defenders and kissed a running right-sided floater off the glass. Crawford also received a pass at center court and accelerated for a wide-open jam.

Relax, the NBA season hasn’t started. Crawford, however, put on a scoring clinic during a pre-season showcase in China.

“I had about 30,” Crawford said via text message.

In case it flew under your radar, Crawford, a former NBA veteran who turns 26 years old today and registered 268 appearances for the Atlanta Hawks, Washington Wizards, Boston Celtics and Golden State Warriors, now suits up for the Xinjiang Flying Tigers of the Chinese Basketball Association.

“They’re telling me to take over in crucial points of the game, but I’m not focused on just scoring,” Crawford said. “I really just want to win the championship. It’ll be easy averaging 30 points per game, but NBA teams will value me more if I win a championship, rather than put up big numbers every night and lose.”

Read more http://www.basketballinsiders.com/overlooked-in-nba-jordan-crawford-shoots-for-chinese-legacy/