Those Jeff Merkeley ads

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Stevenson, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    I am inclined to generally vote Democratic, but those Jeff Merkeley ads really are a joke. He cleans out the garage? He plays ping pong? That's all he's got to say for himself and he wants to be a US Senator?

I get that the Senate is a dysfunctional place and its tough to get anything done, but give me a break. If you have nothing of substance to point to in six years, go become the great stay at home dad you appear to be.

I won't vote for that wackadooodle Monica Webhy, but I won't vote for a guy who has nothing to say for himself either.

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
  3. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I love his policy statement on inflation:

I assume the humor is unintentional, since he has the same policy on healthcare and immigration and foreign policy, perhaps others.

barfo

4. barfo

He clearly isn't very good at cleaning out the garage, if that's really his garage.

I agree the ad is not good. I assume they are trying to 'humanize' him... "hey, Jeff is a normal guy, not some crazy stalker"

barfo

5. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Well-Known Member

"He still struggles to clean the garage."

Then stay home and work on that..

6. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Inflation is coming soon.

7. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    Paul Krugman says inflation is definitely not coming soon.

But maybe there is a trade coming soon! :)

8. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
  9. barfo

10. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
  11. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Jeff Merkley scratches his ear when it itches. Monica Wehby WOULDN'T DREAM of scratching her ear.

Don't be left itching for more, Vote Jeff Merkley.

12. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Because ultimately, a government that seeks to keep the people poor and weaken The Second Amendment is a traitorous force attempting a coup, my votes will be cast only in the direction of the strongest supporters of Real Americans.

Merkley's a dedicated gun-grabber who thinks his dad being blue-collar means he is blue-collar too, only without ever getting callouses on his own hands. It's something he inherited without actually having to work for. The Democratic party under Reid/Pelosi has morphed it's platform from what was once simply "Liberty and Justice for all" into "Liberty and Justice only for all special interest groups belonging to the Democratic party." I will not vote for any Democrats this election, maybe never again unless they change.

Wehby is a proven liar who is quite literally in bed with big businessmen. She has no specific opinions of her own but will be happy to cut and paste a few from Senator McCain's site. He's another gun-grabber, BTW. I do not agree with much of the Republican platform, if you can even call it that with the Teabaggers mocking them from within. I doubt I'll vote for any, despite most of them being pro-Second Amendment.

Christina Jean Lugo from the Pacific Green Party is a feminist flower child who owns a nursery. I agree with most of the party's platform but they are major gun-grabbers and Christina comes across like most feminists (appearing to really only care about women at the expense of men).

This leaves Mike Montchalin of the Libertarian Party. Although I believe in a government quite larger than the Libertarian ideal, mostly in area of the safe and economic delivery of basic needs to all and government run infrastructure, this comment mirrors my own thoughts and most likely gets my vote:

I am anti-war, and have been since 1966 when I rejected the 5th and 6th grade history books of conquest that I had enjoyed so much. I admire Mark Hatfield because he took a stand against racism before he was famous. And as a senator he was always anti-war.

I am not a pacifist and I believe in the right to bear arms. This right, like all rights are inherant in us and are ours by nature. Rights have nothing to do with times and places where people might have been denied their right to bear arms.

“Shall not be infringed” is from our Constitution and refers to the government. Our Government, created by man, shall not infringe on our inherent right to bear arms.