The Good, The Bad, The Trail Mix?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Oct 24, 2014.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

2. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Why does he have to explain to us in parentheses that 13 points and 9 rebounds is one rebound shy of a double double? Does he think we're stupid?

3. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

I'm not sold on Jabari Young(not Parker)

4. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

It seems like any other AP coverage.

5. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    I hate how they will quote a player, and then add something into the quote that is unnecessary.

Example.

Robin Lopez

Those who are reading the article/quote know who the guys are. If they don't, they probably don't care.

6. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Freeland has absolutely earned his minutes again. I have also noticed about 10-15 extra lbs of upper body muscle on Joel. Look at pictures of this guy 3 seasons ago. He is truly leaner and much stronger than he was no question. 10 pts and 7 rebs in 18 mins....Solid!

Meyers Leonard is a PF. Pretty simple. Folks get used to it. That is just the way the guy plays and Stotts has figured it out. His 14 pts and 7reb in 24 mins could have easily been 20/9. He had a couple 3's rim out and got called for two cheap fouls on rebounds. This kid is still a project but he is getting better. No wait...He is getting WAY better. There is no question. Again look at what he was doing 2 seasons ago. Kudos to Coach Stotts and the staff of coaches working with him.

Cj is a threat with the ball every time he touches it. He can score in a number of ways and is not afraid to do it. Teams are going to catch on to this pretty quick. What i really liked is his court awareness that leads to steals and easy baskets that the Blazers need. He is going to get schooled this year. However that is exactly what he needs to go through. At some point you are going to have Dame and CJ playing at the same time and when you do watch out! This is the future folks. This duo will score for sure.

The team is poised to have both the ability to go big or small. They can apply pressure defense and full throttle offense. There are players waiting to get in and play that can produce. Heck even Victor looked good for 4 mins he played. Get ready for an exciting season Blazer fans.