Melo: Would love to play with Kobe

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by truebluefan, Oct 26, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Carmelo Anthony heard "MVP" chants from the Madison Square Garden crowd as the New York Knicks held an open practice Sunday afternoon. So yes, it's good to be back in New York after a summer of free agent visits to Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and Houston.

Anthony ultimately chose to remain in New York and sign a five-year, $124 million contract with the Knicks. But he says that's because he "just felt more comfortable staying here in New York" and not because he had any misgivings about playing with Lakers star guard Kobe Bryant.

"Hell no. Of course not," Anthony said. "If I thought that [playing for the Lakers] was the right situation for me from an overall perspective as far as having a team there, then I would have looked at that situation more in-depth. I just felt more comfortable staying here in New York. But as far as playing with him ... I'm here now but I would always love to play with Kobe."

Read more http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...-rule-los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-presence