Marcia Strassman dead at 66

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by truebluefan, Oct 26, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Marcia Strassman, the actress best known as the long-suffering wife on “Welcome Back, Kotter” and in “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids,” died Saturday after a seven-year battle with breast cancer. She was 66.

“She was the funniest, smartest person I ever met,” the actress’ sister, Julie Strassman, told Deadline.com. “And talented. She knew everything. Now I won’t be able to call her and ask her questions.”

Her five-decade career started with guest appearances on the Patty Duke Show, before appearing as Nurse Margie Cutler in six episodes of “M*A*S*H.”

But she remains best-loved as the on-screen wife of Gabe Kotter, a Brooklyn high school teacher played by Gabe Kaplan on “Welcome Back, Kotter.” Kaplan would end every episode by telling Strassman’s character a ridiculous anecdote about one of his family members.

Read more http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/marcia-strassman-dead-66-article-1.1988101

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I never saw her as an older woman. 66 is not that old. It's a real shame to see her go.

3. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I agree Denny, 66 is not that old these days