Bulls pick up third-year option on Tony Snell

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Oct 27, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The Bulls announced Monday they exercised their third-year option for shooting guard Tony Snell, which will keep the swingman in Chicago through at least the 2015-16 season.

Snell appeared in 77 games last season, averaging 4.5 points and 1.6 rebounds in 16.0 minutes per game as a rookie. But the 20th overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft wasn't able to give the Bulls an additional perimeter threat, as he made just 32 percent of his 3-point attempts and shot worse than 39 percent from the floor.

He showed some improvement in the NBA Summer League, averaging 20.0 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.8 assists in better than 30 minutes per game. He made 50 percent of his 3-point attempts and was named to the All-NBA Summer League First Team.

Read more http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/bulls-pick-third-year-option-tony-snell

2. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

They picked up the 3rd year option on Marquis Teague so this is no surprise. If he could be a legit NBA swingman this season, it would be big.

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

3. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Speaking about Marquis Teague, he was waived by Philly today. Sixers of all teams.

4. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Well, since the Sixers are known to be tanking, is it a compliment to be cut by them?

Nah, I didn't think so either.

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

truebluefan likes this.
  5. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Boston waived Will Bynum. I didn't follow his season last year... He played 56 games, averaged 16.6/7.4 per 36 with a 14.4 PER. Not a 3pt bomber, but he could be the cheap mini PG we really need.