Kreider

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Greyvtrayn, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

He better get his shit together quickly, he is gonna get a bad reputation with the refs and league for being a dirty player.

2. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Penalty yes but being tossed from the game I don't agree with.

3. Greyvtrayn

If you don't think that hit was match-worthy I don't know what to say....That is a potentially life-ending hit...and then John Moore not to be outdone...F#cking scumbags....I love the Rangers but for f#ck's sake what are they thinking?!

4. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Brodin was in front of the goal line next to the net turning his back when CK made contact with him, hardly a 5 minute major, just an illustration of simple Newtonian physics. The fact that the league isn't pursuing any further discipline against CK proves that they don't believe there was any malice, the kid doesn't know his own strength. I do agree he gets the short end of the stick by the refs though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WEMWbNNc2w

J. Moore's hit on the other hand was bush league and he does face further discipline.

5. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Agree on both panze. Sick already everytime kreids sends someone flying because of his size and strength he gets a 5 minute major and game misconduct while clowns like lucic goes out of his way to try and maim people and never even draws a minor penalty. This is the 2nd time now the league didn't even look at the play. Time for sather to have a conversation with the league about this bullshit before Kreids starts to shy away from hits again like he did for awhile after that last one. Moore on the other hand deserves a few games for his mindless elbow. Wish he was that tough in clearing net in front of hank instead of playing like a pussy there all the time.

6. vroppelt

vroppelt Member

Krieder didn't even deserve the major in my opinion. The optics of the hit are what made the refs react the way they did, Brodin flopping like a ragdoll into the boards WAS hard to watch.

This was a prime example of these guys (Brodin) having absolutely no awareness or concern for protecting themselves anymore. When I am chasing the puck back in my own zone, I ALWAYS look over my shoulder (twice if I have time) to see if an offensive player is coming, and if so, you simply have to beat them clean to the puck, or take the hit AT THE BOARDS to play the puck. Stopping 11 feet from the boards while you know there is a freight train bearing down on you is just plain stupid and reckless. I am certain that Krieder was intending to crush Brodin into the backboards, and was taken completely by surprise when he stopped at the goal line. If Kreider doesn't hit him, Brodin skates away with that puck, not acceptable.

Kreider being an ox (and a really fast one) makes it that much more important for the opposing players to be aware when he is bearing down on you. You almost never see that happen with someone like Lucic because the rest of the league is aware that Lucic is always going to nail you when he can, and hard.

Moores hit was dirty and dangerous, and even as a Ranger fan, I hope they make and example out of him. That type of hit needs to be removed from the game, these 2-3 game suspensions are not going to make players change their behaviors....

7. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    eh both calls are bullshit. I definitely do not think Kreider should have been penalitized. the defenseman was at least 5 feet from the boards, kreider didn't leave his feet that's bullshit.

now for moore and it was a high hit yes...it wasn't a cocked elbow being thrusted out..it was shoulder hit that went high with his arms. it was late...we have seen way worse hits...Lucic anyone...that has gone unpenalized.

2 minutes for interference since it was after the puck had left

8. Greyvtrayn

Maybe you guys are right but each time i see that hit I think it's way too dangerous of a hit to make. No suspension so that's good.

9. panzerporter

J. Moore gets 5 games for a first offense. Definitely a suspension worthy hit but 5 games? Either the league is really cracking down this year or it's yet another case of heavy handed justice toward the Blue shirts.

10. panzerporter

Forgot about the Weiss incident in last year's playoffs. Guess it was because that hit was so inconsequential but does make his cheap shot against the Wild a second offense.