Opening Night At The Moda......

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by THE HCP, Oct 28, 2014.

1. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Press Release from the team........

PORTLAND, Ore. (October 28, 2014) – Opening Night for the Portland Trail Blazers promises to be more than just another opening night as the team tips off its 2014-15 season at 7:30 p.m. tomorrow against Oklahoma City. Thanks to waves of new experiences and upgrades inside the Moda Center, plus a Rose Quarter Plaza electric with pregame music and activities, Opening Night will indeed be a BIG night for Trail Blazers fans.

“We’ve upgraded the Moda Center and Rose Quarter atmosphere along so many levels that we truly believe our fans will be pleased,” said Trail Blazers and Rose Quarter President & CEO Chris McGowan. “When you have some of the most passionate fans in all of sports, they deserve the very best game experience possible. We have a terrific, competitive team on the court; and now we’ve added even more excitement to what our fans can access off the court.”

Tops on the list of “what’s new” for 2014-15 is an entirely new basketball court that will debut to a jammed-packed Moda Center; a national television audience on ESPN; and local broadcast carriage on KGW Channel 8. The new court was chosen from more than 19,000 submissions from fans participating in last spring’s “Create the Court” promotion. The end result is the first entirely new playing surface for the Trail Blazers in 10 years, and it’s based on a winning design submitted by Austen Flint, a student at Oregon Institute of Technology in Klamath Falls.

“The new court is a great mix of elements from our past, but also a natural evolution to where we are headed. The look is in direct response to the energy and passion that Trail Blazers fans bring to Moda Center every night,” said Dewayne Hankins, Trail Blazers Vice President of Marketing and Digital Media. “The interplay of team colors; our familiar pinwheel logo; and the words “Rip City, Oregon” have a permanent presence on the court as a salute to our season ticket holders with their actual names embedded within the words. It symbolizes just how important they are to our organization.”

Trail Blazers fans can get their first look at the new court via the internet as www.trailblazers.com unveils a music-infused, time-lapse video presentation at 8 a.m. tomorrow. An entire page on the website is dedicated to the creation and assembly of the new court, which further adds to the hype of Opening Night.

Seats in the arena will be cloaked in free red t-shirts emblazoned with “RIP CITY – EST. 1970“ for all attendees courtesy of venue namesake Moda. Fans will also play an active role in a season-opening video presentation to introduce the Trail Blazers players, lighting up bright red glow sticks in a darkened arena to start the evening.

Fans on the lofty 300 Level of the Moda Center can share in a new first-class bar experience with The Pines, featuring a stunning picturesque view of downtown Portland. Theme food carts and mini eateries are stationed nearby, with a full beverage service feature wines and beers from the Pacific Northwest. The glass-enclosed creation is the first exterior facing modification to the arena structure since its original opening in 1995.

The brand new Kuni Lexus Club Level makes its regular season debut as a refreshed and localized experience for Club Ticket holders. It’s among many areas of the Moda Center and Rose Quarter that have undergone capital improvements since the end of last season. The redesigned space features new local food and beverage options, merchandise kiosks, concierge service and more than 1,500 new seats for enhanced comfort.

Renovations galore took place on the Executive Suite level of the Moda Center, with 21 full-size suites being completely refurbished with updated décor and new furnishings. More suite renovations will come next year. The Trail Blazers also will introduce their brand new Studio Suites, 12 plush four-person settings with their own bistro tables, comfortable game seats and dedicated food and beverage service.

The new season also marks the return of the make it better 5050 Rip City Raffle, in partnership with the Safeway Foundation, where fans can purchase tickets during home games to win half of that night’s proceeds. The other half of proceeds go to the Trail Blazers Foundation to benefit the Trail Blazers’ make it better partners - Big Brothers Big Sisters Columbia Northwest, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Portland, Playworks, SMART (Start Making A Reader Today) and Urban League of Portland – along with other local nonprofit organizations.

Opening night festivities in the Rose Quarter commons include:

· Live band “Hit Machine” belting out the tunes on the Rose Quarter Commons starting at 4 p.m.;

· Photos stations, Corn-Hole games, balloon artists and face painters;

· On-location radio broadcasts from Trail Blazers flagship Rip City Radio AM-620, Z-100 FM, Jam’n 107.5, 106.7 The Eagle and 105.9 The Brew;

· Outdoor basketball on a brand new “Rip City” Court; and

· A live performance of the National Anthem by the Oregon Symphony, directed by Trail Blazers Ambassador and legendary broadcaster Bill Schonely.

Sent from my Baller-Ass 5.5" iPhone 6+......... FAMS

magnifier661 likes this.
  2. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

anyone else just read blah blah who cares?

3. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I just put it up there knowing some of you guys go to games and might want an idea about what to expect this season that's new.

4. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    I really like that McGowan is proactive and has brought a ton of new ideas since taking the job.

5. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Seriously... Strong work bro! Repped!

6. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

I'd like to hear more about this cornhole game.

7. blazedanugz

blazedanugz Well-Known Member

its hard to add something to a sporting event that every fan will get to feel the positive effects of. i think all the things they are doing cool but none of these are going to effect my arena experience. the shirt thing is cool tho

8. Charcoal Filtered

Charcoal Filtered Writing Team

I am looking forward to seeing the upgrades. Most of the time when I take my wife out for the night, it is at the Moda Center. Having quality dining options that are not just concession stands will be nice.

Always forget about all of the other activities prior to opening night but live to far away to take the kids anyway. Would definitely take them if not for traffic.

New court should be cool too.

9. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

nah, it wasnt you... i just think its needless babble from the president of the blazers. we have eyes and ears, mouths and noses, and are capable of doing and seeing and thinking for ourselves. dont need to be sold on whats cool, hip, new... we know its new!!

yeah, salespeople dont do well with me.

10. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    You misspelled "Rose Garden."

Just sayin'.

11. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

I bar on the top level? nice :D