Bear Brawl spills into street

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Hammerojustice, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Hammerojustice

Hammerojustice Chief Caveman, Keeper of Thor's Hammer

Have you guys seen this?

[video=youtube;OMYEkAFhJuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMYEkAFhJuw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...weird.

3. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

2 things, #1 it was really hard to tell if they were fighting or playing. And #2 what the hell was with the camera guy that he couldn't stay still for much of the filming.

4. Hammerojustice

You don't work with animals or must not be around them much... They were definitely brawling and not playing... You could see bite marks in the one bears back... at the end, the other bear was extremely submissive and backed away... didn't walk away, it backed away...

Regarding the camera guy, I'm sure he had adrenaline pumping, and at one point was standing and another in the car, but I don't understand why he couldn't keep it a little more still...

5. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...if he was using the zoom on his cell phone it would certainly explain the shakiness.

6. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

No Steve no bears in my neighborhood but I do have a 6'8" 350-400 lb black neighbor does that count?

7. Hammerojustice

Not quite lol...

8. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    Wow.....to think Wildlife is much closer tp sleepy residentials, out most states back doors.

Here in So. Cal. believe it or not, with the 20+ million inhabitants, stories of Cougars, Bears, coming down from the San Gabriel, Gorgonio, Jacintos, San Bernadino Mts., even this Antelope Valley, are easy food sources for hungry wildlife, (mostly Bears, Cougars, Wolves and Coyotes). Turning over trash cans looking for food. Cities nearest the foothills, of course have the larger problems.

Yet, I recall an incident 10 years ago, when a 2 yr old child was playing alone in its backyard, and the Mother looked out to check on her baby, and it had the babies head in its mouth. The Mom screamed, and the Mt. Lion dropped the baby, and fled. These stories abound to often here.

Then you gotta' put up with Scorpions, Mojave Green Rattlesnakes, (the deadliest venomous snake in the N. American Continent, its venom shuts down both respiratory and cardiac systems, within only 45 minutes. Many a DR. has stated if anti-venom (cro-fab) sp? is not administered in those 45 minutes, the victim is as good as dead.

I've even read how Coyotes walk across the train tracks on Northern Manhattan, to get to the critters in Central Park.

No matter where one lives, wildlife tho' diminishing is becoming more desperate for food, and actually attacks are on the increase, with the decrease of Wildlife.

I camped alone in the San Gabriels for 3 weeks years ago, and had a resident Wolve in my camp, just me and the Wolve. It never so much as bothered me, or even made me scared. There are ways to deal with wildlife, peacefully sometimes, not always as you of all men know Steve....! Yet, usually not in public, only in their remote wilderness worlds.

Then ya' got those Gators in Luzianna, a suburb of Arkansas. If fishing on a river or Bayou in luzianna, and you see a Water Moccassin, and if its coming right in line with your boat, you must move your boat, or the snake will literally slide right up and over your boat without ever breaking its straight line. Now Gators, bring alot of fear to many. However Cajuns never have fear with Gators, (other than nesting mom's dens, then your in serious shit). However they swim amongst the Gators, knowing they will not be attacked, if they were trained as kids, how to co-exists with Gators. Amazing shit, especially watching men dive down to noodle or hand catch 50lb Catfish. Of course a majority of those noodlers, reach into hollow logs on the lake bed, and hands are reached into the tree trunk where the big Catfish are. however, thats also where the monster snapping turtles and water moccasins also habitat. Thus most noodlers are missing a finger or two, and those snapping turtles are effing huge.

9. Hammerojustice

Coyotes (I read) are in all of the lower 48 states... It's what happens when you ban hunting, restrict fire arms, & kill off the true native apex predators (wolves).... Reintroduce wolves everywhere & the entire ecosystem will flourish!!!

The scorpions & snakes don't bother me one iota.... Have 2 snakes currently, previously had another 4... Almost stepped on a Timber Rattlesnake when my bride & I were camping back before we were married..... Even tried to catch it, but my wife was standing in the bed of my truck... Caught countless other snakes... Same campsite (in NJ) on a different visit, I had a whole family of black bears walk through my campsite....

Now, my cousin lives in Oregon & saw a cougar on her property... Her 3 kids are older than mine, but that would worry me...

Sounds like a cool experience you had with that wolf! I recall my father & I canoeing up to a peninsula very late on a canoe/camping trip & were setting up our tent by the glow of a fire... Loved those trips to Canada

I'd definitely try noodling, but the snappers would worry me.... Water moccasins don't live under water nor would they likely bit under water....

Almost pursued a career as a park ranger, but the pay sucks...